- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
- Arsenal negotiating with Palermo to lower asking price for £31m-rated Paulo Dybala [Fichajes]
- Manchester United may sit in fourth place but that position flatters them [Graphic]
- Arsenal competing with Man United and Chelsea to sign Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane [Star]
Didier Drogba at the double as Ivory Coast win abandoned match 2-0 at Senegal
Senegal 0 – Ivory Coast 2 Abandoned (Africa Cup of Nations play-off, second leg, October 13, 2012) (Agg. 2-6) After Senegal had dominated the first-half without scoring, Didier Drogba all but secured Ivory Coast’s progression to the Africa Cup of Nations, scoring a fine low free-kick, in the second half. A Didier Drogba penalty ended the tie for Senegal and the home fans then managed to halt the match with fireworks and the players were forced to all head to the centre circle before the match was officially abandoned.
Watch the full match on the video below.
- Updated: October 13, 2012