A crazy story has broken in Portugal regarding Sporting LIsbon wonderkid Bruma.
As has been reported in the press for several weeks now, Bruma, 18, is a target for Jose Mourinho’s Blues, however now a rumour has leaked that Sporting’s fans have taken matters into their own hands to try and make sure the young attacker stays at the Estádio José Alvalade.
Bruma’s agent Cátio Baldé has gone public overnight with news that Sporting Lisbon fans tried to kidnap Bruma on Wednesday night. Bruma’s agent made the criminal accusations to Portuguese radio station Radio Antena 1.
Last night there was an attempted kidnap of Bruma by Juve Leo (Sporting fans) at the hotel where he lives. We have registered a complaint (with the police), and we have been informed it was done at the behest of Sporting’s management.
Sadly no details have surfaced about how kidnap was said to have gone down, and moreover how it failed.
Taking the severity of the case to the nth degree, if Bruma was indeed subject to a kidnapping attempt then the player can rescind his contract with Sporting and he would be free to join any club for free.
If Bruma does indeed get out of his contract Chelsea could be licking their lips. The Pensioners were previously rumoured to be mulling a 9.3 million euro bid for Bruma.
Interestingly, Bruma’s lawyer has also told reporters on Thursday that Chelsea have made a €2 million bid for the striker, while Galatasaray have lodged an €8 million offer which could rise to €12 million.