Shocking decision! Jozy Altidore’s disallowed goal to make it Sunderland 2 – Arsenal 2
- September 14, 2013
On decisions like this can seasons be made and broken.
Arsenal went top of the Premier League on Saturday thanks to a 3-1 win at Sunderland, inspired by new signing Mesut Ozil.
Sunderland sunk to the bottom of the Premier League, without a win in 3 matches and big summer signing Jozy Altidore is still without a goal.
After a torrid spell at Hull last time out in England, Altidore may need some luck to go his way to set off on a scoring run like he managed at AZ Alkmaar.
On the face of it, Arsenal’s 3-1 win looks routine but after Craig Gardner brought it back to 1-1, Sunderland had the upper hand.
A disallowed goal was followed by Paolo Di Canio’s side hitting the post, then after Aaron Ramsey made it 2-1, Jozy Altidore was super unlucky to have the goal below disallowed.
Referee Martin Atkinson blew for a foul by Sagna, called a halt to the move before it had been completed and only booked the French defender.
- Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain sets himself goals target this season (Video)
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Arsene Wenger has nostalgic banter with his former Arsenal player Ian Wright (Video)
- Arsenal boss Wenger smirks at Mourinho’s suggestion that Chelsea were the better ...
- Chelsea fan tells Arsenal to enjoy Community Shield, last trophy they’ll win for ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi