Shocking decision! Jozy Altidore’s disallowed goal to make it Sunderland 2 – Arsenal 2
- September 14, 2013
On decisions like this can seasons be made and broken.
Arsenal went top of the Premier League on Saturday thanks to a 3-1 win at Sunderland, inspired by new signing Mesut Ozil.
Sunderland sunk to the bottom of the Premier League, without a win in 3 matches and big summer signing Jozy Altidore is still without a goal.
After a torrid spell at Hull last time out in England, Altidore may need some luck to go his way to set off on a scoring run like he managed at AZ Alkmaar.
On the face of it, Arsenal’s 3-1 win looks routine but after Craig Gardner brought it back to 1-1, Sunderland had the upper hand.
A disallowed goal was followed by Paolo Di Canio’s side hitting the post, then after Aaron Ramsey made it 2-1, Jozy Altidore was super unlucky to have the goal below disallowed.
Referee Martin Atkinson blew for a foul by Sagna, called a halt to the move before it had been completed and only booked the French defender.
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi