- Alexis Sanchez uploads childhood photo, sparks debate among Chileans that he’s a fan of La U
- Better Late Than Never! Barça’s Neymar wishes Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez a Happy Birthday
- Roberto Soldado: ‘I feel ashamed when Spurs fans sing my name’
- Manchester United’s Juan Mata gives Full Time Devils a Wave
- Spurs’ Andros Townsend banters Roberto Soldado for using Google Translate in Twitter chat
Shocking decision! Jozy Altidore’s disallowed goal to make it Sunderland 2 – Arsenal 2
On decisions like this can seasons be made and broken.
Arsenal went top of the Premier League on Saturday thanks to a 3-1 win at Sunderland, inspired by new signing Mesut Ozil.
Sunderland sunk to the bottom of the Premier League, without a win in 3 matches and big summer signing Jozy Altidore is still without a goal.
After a torrid spell at Hull last time out in England, Altidore may need some luck to go his way to set off on a scoring run like he managed at AZ Alkmaar.
On the face of it, Arsenal’s 3-1 win looks routine but after Craig Gardner brought it back to 1-1, Sunderland had the upper hand.
A disallowed goal was followed by Paolo Di Canio’s side hitting the post, then after Aaron Ramsey made it 2-1, Jozy Altidore was super unlucky to have the goal below disallowed.
Referee Martin Atkinson blew for a foul by Sagna, called a halt to the move before it had been completed and only booked the French defender.
- Updated: September 14, 2013