- Watch Lionel Messi watch his Barcelona tribute for becoming La Liga top goal scorer
- AC Milan v Inter Milan: Watch a live stream of the Derby della Madonnina – available in UK
- Liverpool linked to £10m bid for Norwich’s Nathan Redmond in the Sunday Star [Picture]
- Superfan Claude doesn’t think Gunners will make top 4 after Man United loss [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Mario Balotelli turns up at the boxing, surely out of Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Shocking decision! Jozy Altidore’s disallowed goal to make it Sunderland 2 – Arsenal 2
On decisions like this can seasons be made and broken.
Arsenal went top of the Premier League on Saturday thanks to a 3-1 win at Sunderland, inspired by new signing Mesut Ozil.
Sunderland sunk to the bottom of the Premier League, without a win in 3 matches and big summer signing Jozy Altidore is still without a goal.
After a torrid spell at Hull last time out in England, Altidore may need some luck to go his way to set off on a scoring run like he managed at AZ Alkmaar.
On the face of it, Arsenal’s 3-1 win looks routine but after Craig Gardner brought it back to 1-1, Sunderland had the upper hand.
A disallowed goal was followed by Paolo Di Canio’s side hitting the post, then after Aaron Ramsey made it 2-1, Jozy Altidore was super unlucky to have the goal below disallowed.
Referee Martin Atkinson blew for a foul by Sagna, called a halt to the move before it had been completed and only booked the French defender.
- Updated: September 14, 2013