Shocking decision! Jozy Altidore’s disallowed goal to make it Sunderland 2 – Arsenal 2
- September 14, 2013
On decisions like this can seasons be made and broken.
Arsenal went top of the Premier League on Saturday thanks to a 3-1 win at Sunderland, inspired by new signing Mesut Ozil.
Sunderland sunk to the bottom of the Premier League, without a win in 3 matches and big summer signing Jozy Altidore is still without a goal.
After a torrid spell at Hull last time out in England, Altidore may need some luck to go his way to set off on a scoring run like he managed at AZ Alkmaar.
On the face of it, Arsenal’s 3-1 win looks routine but after Craig Gardner brought it back to 1-1, Sunderland had the upper hand.
A disallowed goal was followed by Paolo Di Canio’s side hitting the post, then after Aaron Ramsey made it 2-1, Jozy Altidore was super unlucky to have the goal below disallowed.
Referee Martin Atkinson blew for a foul by Sagna, called a halt to the move before it had been completed and only booked the French defender.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...