Monaco’s Falcao has ruptured his ACL and will be out for 6 months, Colombian misses the World Cup
- January 23, 2014
Less than 24 hours after it happened the worst case scenario has been confirmed: Radamel Falcao is out of the 2014 World Cup.
Monaco’s superstar Colombian striker was on the receiving end of a nasty foul at Monts in the cup on Wednesday night, and following scans and tests on Thursday it has been confirmed that the striker has ruptured his ACL and will be out for six months.
Aside from Colombia, the news is a terrible blow to Monaco’s slim chances of pegging PSG to the Ligue 1 title. Monaco currently trail the Parisians by five points.
At 27-years-old, Falcao may yet be able to feature at the 2018 World Cup in Russia should Colombia qualify.
- No evidence supports Telegraph & Guardian claims that Arsenal may sign Monaco̵...
- Layvin Kurzawa scores three fantastic volleys at Monaco training [Official Video]
- After selling Christian Benteke to Liverpool, Aston Villa are set to buy Anthony Martia...
- QPR v Monaco: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- AS Monaco complete loan signing of Stephan El Shaarawy from AC Milan [Video]
- Ciao Faraone: AC Milan post video tribute to Stephan El Shaarawy after his Monaco move
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi