Monaco’s Falcao has ruptured his ACL and will be out for 6 months, Colombian misses the World Cup
Less than 24 hours after it happened the worst case scenario has been confirmed: Radamel Falcao is out of the 2014 World Cup.
Monaco’s superstar Colombian striker was on the receiving end of a nasty foul at Monts in the cup on Wednesday night, and following scans and tests on Thursday it has been confirmed that the striker has ruptured his ACL and will be out for six months.
Aside from Colombia, the news is a terrible blow to Monaco’s slim chances of pegging PSG to the Ligue 1 title. Monaco currently trail the Parisians by five points.
At 27-years-old, Falcao may yet be able to feature at the 2018 World Cup in Russia should Colombia qualify.
Watch Live Stream
- Anthony Martial is four goals away from triggering the first Monaco bonus feeDecember 1, 2016
- Monaco post footage of Thomas Lemar’s winner v Tottenham (Official Video)November 23, 2016
- Save of the season: Hugo Lloris makes unbelievable point blank save during Monaco v Spurs (Video)November 22, 2016
- Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris makes a superb penalty save to deny Radamel Falcao (Video)November 22, 2016
- Radamel Falcao was on fire as Monaco beat CSKA Moscow 3-0 (Official Videos)November 3, 2016
- Radamel Falcao scores 2 goals for Monaco v CSKA Moscow (Video)November 2, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao scored yet again for Monaco today (Video)July 19, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao continues his excellent pre-season (Official Videos)July 14, 2016