- Juan Mata hugged every Chelsea player after Man United lost at Stamford Bridge [Video]
- Oscar signs a Man United contract & CheekySport meet Chelsea physio Eva Carneiro [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo singled out Man United’s Chicharito for praise v Malaga [Video]
- PSV’s Marcel Brands says big teams are circling Memphis Depay. Man United & Spurs name-checked [VI]
- Chelsea’s stars & their wives attended Didier Drogba’s Charity Ball after the Man United game [Pictures]
Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer [Telegraph]
- May 27, 2014
The Daily Telegraph’s Matt Law appears to have inside knowledge of Tottenham’s finances this summer, on the day that the Lillywhites appointed Mauricio Pochettino as their new boss.
According to the broadsheet, the former Southampton manager is getting just £50m to revamp Spurs’ squad for next season.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Suggesting that Spurs’ players had problems with fitness under former managers Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood, Matt Law writes:
Tottenham’s players are in for a shock under the boot-camp regime of new head coach Mauricio Pochettino.
Tottenham are willing to spend around £50million this summer to help Pochettino try to lift the club into the Champions League, but the 42-year-old will lean heavily on his military-style preparation.
Pochettino is a famously hard taskmaster and insists that his players undertake double training sessions every day.