Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer [Telegraph]
The Daily Telegraph’s Matt Law appears to have inside knowledge of Tottenham’s finances this summer, on the day that the Lillywhites appointed Mauricio Pochettino as their new boss.
According to the broadsheet, the former Southampton manager is getting just £50m to revamp Spurs’ squad for next season.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Suggesting that Spurs’ players had problems with fitness under former managers Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood, Matt Law writes:
Tottenham’s players are in for a shock under the boot-camp regime of new head coach Mauricio Pochettino.
Tottenham are willing to spend around £50million this summer to help Pochettino try to lift the club into the Champions League, but the 42-year-old will lean heavily on his military-style preparation.
Pochettino is a famously hard taskmaster and insists that his players undertake double training sessions every day.
Watch Live Stream
- Mauricio Pochettino believes Spurs can reach next level this season (Video)August 11, 2016
- Awkward: Spurs boss Pochettino forgets the existence of former Saints player George Mells (Video)July 31, 2016
- Shane Long scores v Holland with Spurs boss Pochettino watching from stands (Vine)May 27, 2016
- Dutch coach Raymond Verheijen lays into Tottenham boss Mauricio PochettinoMay 17, 2016
- Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish promises Wilfried Zaha won’t be sold to Spurs [Quotes]August 26, 2016
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 26, 2016
- Chelsea’s official channel destroy a Spurs fan on FacebookAugust 26, 2016
- Phil Coutinho a major doubt for Tottenham v Liverpool [Liverpool Echo]August 26, 2016