Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer [Telegraph]
- May 27, 2014
The Daily Telegraph’s Matt Law appears to have inside knowledge of Tottenham’s finances this summer, on the day that the Lillywhites appointed Mauricio Pochettino as their new boss.
According to the broadsheet, the former Southampton manager is getting just £50m to revamp Spurs’ squad for next season.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Suggesting that Spurs’ players had problems with fitness under former managers Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood, Matt Law writes:
Tottenham’s players are in for a shock under the boot-camp regime of new head coach Mauricio Pochettino.
Tottenham are willing to spend around £50million this summer to help Pochettino try to lift the club into the Champions League, but the 42-year-old will lean heavily on his military-style preparation.
Pochettino is a famously hard taskmaster and insists that his players undertake double training sessions every day.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...