Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer [Telegraph]
The Daily Telegraph’s Matt Law appears to have inside knowledge of Tottenham’s finances this summer, on the day that the Lillywhites appointed Mauricio Pochettino as their new boss.
According to the broadsheet, the former Southampton manager is getting just £50m to revamp Spurs’ squad for next season.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Suggesting that Spurs’ players had problems with fitness under former managers Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood, Matt Law writes:
Tottenham’s players are in for a shock under the boot-camp regime of new head coach Mauricio Pochettino.
Tottenham are willing to spend around £50million this summer to help Pochettino try to lift the club into the Champions League, but the 42-year-old will lean heavily on his military-style preparation.
Pochettino is a famously hard taskmaster and insists that his players undertake double training sessions every day.
Watch Live Stream
- Mauricio Pochettino happy with Spurs point despite it being ‘must win game’ (Video)October 18, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino update on Toby Alderweireld does not allay Spurs fearsOctober 15, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino discusses whether Spurs can win the title (video)October 12, 2016
- Dele Alli expecting a text from Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino after England miss (video)October 9, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016