Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer [Telegraph]
- May 27, 2014
The Daily Telegraph’s Matt Law appears to have inside knowledge of Tottenham’s finances this summer, on the day that the Lillywhites appointed Mauricio Pochettino as their new boss.
According to the broadsheet, the former Southampton manager is getting just £50m to revamp Spurs’ squad for next season.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Suggesting that Spurs’ players had problems with fitness under former managers Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood, Matt Law writes:
Tottenham’s players are in for a shock under the boot-camp regime of new head coach Mauricio Pochettino.
Tottenham are willing to spend around £50million this summer to help Pochettino try to lift the club into the Champions League, but the 42-year-old will lean heavily on his military-style preparation.
Pochettino is a famously hard taskmaster and insists that his players undertake double training sessions every day.
- Mauricio Pochettino: Harry Kane was tired & could not play 90 minutes (video)
- Spurs boss Pochettino proud to keep Manchester United to 1 shot on target at Old Traffo...
- We scored their goal! Pochettino regrets mistakes after ‘dominating’ Manche...
- Tottenham have €10million bid for striker Clinton N’Jie rejected, Lyon want €20mi...
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has still got it [video]
- Spurs enter the race for Man United target Nathaniel Clyne [Daily Telegraph]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...