Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer [Telegraph]
The Daily Telegraph’s Matt Law appears to have inside knowledge of Tottenham’s finances this summer, on the day that the Lillywhites appointed Mauricio Pochettino as their new boss.
According to the broadsheet, the former Southampton manager is getting just £50m to revamp Spurs’ squad for next season.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Suggesting that Spurs’ players had problems with fitness under former managers Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood, Matt Law writes:
Tottenham’s players are in for a shock under the boot-camp regime of new head coach Mauricio Pochettino.
Tottenham are willing to spend around £50million this summer to help Pochettino try to lift the club into the Champions League, but the 42-year-old will lean heavily on his military-style preparation.
Pochettino is a famously hard taskmaster and insists that his players undertake double training sessions every day.
Watch Live Stream
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino was like Tony Soprano v Chelsea (Videos)November 28, 2016
- Poch: Spurs were better than Chelsea (video)November 26, 2016
- Antonio Conte reveals what Mauricio Pochettino said to him during Chelsea v Spurs (Video)November 26, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino does a Jose Mourinho getting upset with Chelsea’s boss [Tweets]November 26, 2016
- PSG are planning a huge bid for Spurs star Dele Alli [Mirror]December 9, 2016
- Who Spurs and Man United could face in the Europa League last 32December 9, 2016
- Leaked designs of Tottenham’s possible 2017-18 kitsDecember 9, 2016
- In-depth Fantasy Football previews: Man United v Spurs & how to replace AgueroDecember 9, 2016