Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer [Telegraph]
The Daily Telegraph’s Matt Law appears to have inside knowledge of Tottenham’s finances this summer, on the day that the Lillywhites appointed Mauricio Pochettino as their new boss.
According to the broadsheet, the former Southampton manager is getting just £50m to revamp Spurs’ squad for next season.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Suggesting that Spurs’ players had problems with fitness under former managers Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood, Matt Law writes:
Tottenham’s players are in for a shock under the boot-camp regime of new head coach Mauricio Pochettino.
Tottenham are willing to spend around £50million this summer to help Pochettino try to lift the club into the Champions League, but the 42-year-old will lean heavily on his military-style preparation.
Pochettino is a famously hard taskmaster and insists that his players undertake double training sessions every day.
Watch Live Stream
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino delivers “very positive” update on Harry Kane’s injurySeptember 26, 2016
- Soccer AM make fun of Mauricio Pochettino in hilarious videoSeptember 25, 2016
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino confirms Harry Kane ankle ligament injurySeptember 20, 2016
- Spurs fans think Mauricio Pochettino is a cardboard cutout in contract renewal picsSeptember 19, 2016
- Spurs players celebrate CSKA win on InstagramSeptember 28, 2016
- Hilarious: Georges-Kevin N’Koudou praises his own performance [Tweet]September 27, 2016
- Heung-Min Son scores again as Spurs beat CSKA Moscow (Video)September 27, 2016
- Spurs (Son) and Leicester (Islam Slimani) record big wins in the Champions LeagueSeptember 27, 2016