Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer [Telegraph]
- May 27, 2014
The Daily Telegraph’s Matt Law appears to have inside knowledge of Tottenham’s finances this summer, on the day that the Lillywhites appointed Mauricio Pochettino as their new boss.
According to the broadsheet, the former Southampton manager is getting just £50m to revamp Spurs’ squad for next season.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Suggesting that Spurs’ players had problems with fitness under former managers Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood, Matt Law writes:
Tottenham’s players are in for a shock under the boot-camp regime of new head coach Mauricio Pochettino.
Tottenham are willing to spend around £50million this summer to help Pochettino try to lift the club into the Champions League, but the 42-year-old will lean heavily on his military-style preparation.
Pochettino is a famously hard taskmaster and insists that his players undertake double training sessions every day.
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has still got it [video]
- Spurs enter the race for Man United target Nathaniel Clyne [Daily Telegraph]
- Spurs boss Pochettino sticks up for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Video]
- Wenger has to jog his memory to remember who Pochettino is (Spurs manager) [Video]
- Spurs boss Pochettino admits he can’t stop rumours about Man Utd’s interest...
- Pochettino happy to see his Spurs players square up with each other during games [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi