Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £30m to spend at Tottenham this summer [The Times]
With every report, Mauricio Pochettino’s transfer kitty this summer at Spurs continues to shrink.
After the big announcement on Tuesday that Tottenham had agreed a five year contract with the former Southampton manager, attention immediately start to focus on who will be coming into White Hart Lane this summer.
Adam Lallana, a target for Liverpool, is now a hot favourite to move with his 2013-14 manager, however Tottenham fans will be concerned with the size of the war chest being made available to the Argentine.
While the Telegraph said Pochettino would have £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer, The Times shave that figure down to just £30m. Saying that, The Times recognise more funds may become available through sales.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Mauricio Pochettino will be handed around £30 million plus money from player sales after he signed a five-year contract to take charge of Tottenham Hotspur last night.
The North London club are willing to accept a reduced transfer fee for Roberto Soldado.
Southampton will receive £2 million in compensation following Pochettino’s resignation after less than 18 months at the south coast club.
Watch Live Stream
- Mauricio Pochettino happy with Spurs point despite it being ‘must win game’ (Video)October 18, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino update on Toby Alderweireld does not allay Spurs fearsOctober 15, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino discusses whether Spurs can win the title (video)October 12, 2016
- Dele Alli expecting a text from Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino after England miss (video)October 9, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016