Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £30m to spend at Tottenham this summer [The Times]
With every report, Mauricio Pochettino’s transfer kitty this summer at Spurs continues to shrink.
After the big announcement on Tuesday that Tottenham had agreed a five year contract with the former Southampton manager, attention immediately start to focus on who will be coming into White Hart Lane this summer.
Adam Lallana, a target for Liverpool, is now a hot favourite to move with his 2013-14 manager, however Tottenham fans will be concerned with the size of the war chest being made available to the Argentine.
While the Telegraph said Pochettino would have £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer, The Times shave that figure down to just £30m. Saying that, The Times recognise more funds may become available through sales.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Mauricio Pochettino will be handed around £30 million plus money from player sales after he signed a five-year contract to take charge of Tottenham Hotspur last night.
The North London club are willing to accept a reduced transfer fee for Roberto Soldado.
Southampton will receive £2 million in compensation following Pochettino’s resignation after less than 18 months at the south coast club.
Watch Live Stream
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino was like Tony Soprano v Chelsea (Videos)November 28, 2016
- Poch: Spurs were better than Chelsea (video)November 26, 2016
- Antonio Conte reveals what Mauricio Pochettino said to him during Chelsea v Spurs (Video)November 26, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino does a Jose Mourinho getting upset with Chelsea’s boss [Tweets]November 26, 2016
- Harry Kane surprises a Spurs fan with a Christmas call (Video)December 5, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino cites Michael Owen dive to defend Spurs midfielderDecember 5, 2016
- FPL managers rush to sell Sergio Aguero, Spurs & Chelsea men top replacementsDecember 4, 2016
- Dele Alli lampooned on the BBC for his dive v Swansea (Video)December 3, 2016