Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £30m to spend at Tottenham this summer [The Times]
- May 27, 2014
With every report, Mauricio Pochettino’s transfer kitty this summer at Spurs continues to shrink.
After the big announcement on Tuesday that Tottenham had agreed a five year contract with the former Southampton manager, attention immediately start to focus on who will be coming into White Hart Lane this summer.
Adam Lallana, a target for Liverpool, is now a hot favourite to move with his 2013-14 manager, however Tottenham fans will be concerned with the size of the war chest being made available to the Argentine.
While the Telegraph said Pochettino would have £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer, The Times shave that figure down to just £30m. Saying that, The Times recognise more funds may become available through sales.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Mauricio Pochettino will be handed around £30 million plus money from player sales after he signed a five-year contract to take charge of Tottenham Hotspur last night.
The North London club are willing to accept a reduced transfer fee for Roberto Soldado.
Southampton will receive £2 million in compensation following Pochettino’s resignation after less than 18 months at the south coast club.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...