- Cristiano Ronaldo has to hold himself from laughing at joker Coentrão during Christmas message [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers: ‘Mario Balotelli may have to get used to Liverpool bench’ [Guardian]
- ‘This is Fabregas Football’: Jose Mourinho post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
- John Terry & MOTM Eden Hazard interview post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
- Barça loanee (West Ham) Alex Song: ‘Arsenal is a big family that’s still part of my heart’
Mauricio Pochettino is only getting £30m to spend at Tottenham this summer [The Times]
With every report, Mauricio Pochettino’s transfer kitty this summer at Spurs continues to shrink.
After the big announcement on Tuesday that Tottenham had agreed a five year contract with the former Southampton manager, attention immediately start to focus on who will be coming into White Hart Lane this summer.
Adam Lallana, a target for Liverpool, is now a hot favourite to move with his 2013-14 manager, however Tottenham fans will be concerned with the size of the war chest being made available to the Argentine.
While the Telegraph said Pochettino would have £50m to spend at Tottenham this summer, The Times shave that figure down to just £30m. Saying that, The Times recognise more funds may become available through sales.
Last summer Tottenham spent over £100m in the transfer market.
Mauricio Pochettino will be handed around £30 million plus money from player sales after he signed a five-year contract to take charge of Tottenham Hotspur last night.
The North London club are willing to accept a reduced transfer fee for Roberto Soldado.
Southampton will receive £2 million in compensation following Pochettino’s resignation after less than 18 months at the south coast club.
- Updated: May 27, 2014