Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson plays sensational 50-yard ball for England U-21s
- February 5, 2013
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson is emerging as a key player for both his club and the England Under-21s.
After a fine performance in Liverpool’s draw at Manchester City on Sunday, Henderson was one of the star performers for England Under-21s as they swept aside Sweden 4-0 on Tuesday evening.
It is a far cry from last season when Henderson struggled in his first season at Anfield and comes just days after the Liverpool man was named England Under-21 player of 2012.
Henderson’s finest moment against Sweden Under-21s came when he pinged a sensational 50-yard pass to Thomas Ince to win a penalty.
Ince, a former Liverpool youth player, would score after Josh McEachran had seen his spot kick saved but Henderson’s special pass deserves a good look and can be seen on the video and then GIF below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...