Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson plays sensational 50-yard ball for England U-21s
- February 5, 2013
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson is emerging as a key player for both his club and the England Under-21s.
After a fine performance in Liverpool’s draw at Manchester City on Sunday, Henderson was one of the star performers for England Under-21s as they swept aside Sweden 4-0 on Tuesday evening.
It is a far cry from last season when Henderson struggled in his first season at Anfield and comes just days after the Liverpool man was named England Under-21 player of 2012.
Henderson’s finest moment against Sweden Under-21s came when he pinged a sensational 50-yard pass to Thomas Ince to win a penalty.
Ince, a former Liverpool youth player, would score after Josh McEachran had seen his spot kick saved but Henderson’s special pass deserves a good look and can be seen on the video and then GIF below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi