Dutch coach Raymond Verheijen wonders why Liverpool have so many injuries
People wonder where all the Liverpool injuries come from. However, this pattern was already predictable in September. pic.twitter.com/ApEk221vTs
— Raymond Verheijen (@raymondverheije) January 8, 2014
Dutch coach Raymond Verheijen has spent much of the season criticising the training methods of Manchester United boss David Moyes.
On a number of occasions Verheijen has pinpointed that injuries to the likes of Robin van Persie could have been prevented had Moyes not been such a “dinosaur” with his training methods.
On Wednesday night, Verheijen turned his attentions to Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and wondered why the Merseyside giants are currently afflicted with so many crocked players.
Dan Agger is the latest crocked Liverpool player due to a calf injury and Daniel Sturridge has been missing for some time.
Other key Liverpool players injured include Mamadou Sakho, Joe Allen and Jose Enrique.
Is Brendan Rodgers neglecting modern sports science – after all Verheijen predicted this in September, as you can see from the Tweet above.
Watch Live Stream
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers panned as Celtic beaten by semi-pro Gibraltarian club in UCL qualifier [Tweets]July 12, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund reject Liverpool’s £11m bid for Christian Pulisic, loan move possible [ESPN]August 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho rejects loan move to Stoke City [Telegraph & Mirror]August 29, 2016
- Dinamo’s Ante Coric explains why he’s rejected a move to Liverpool [Vecernji list]August 29, 2016