Chelsea preparing £60m offer for France & Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba [Mail on Sunday]
- June 29, 2014
The Mail on Sunday bring one of the most outlandish transfer stories of the summer so far today.
Rob Shepherd, who was one of the first journalists to predict Juan Mata would leave Chelsea for Manchester United, reports that “Chelsea are considering stumping up the staggering £60million Juventus want for Paul Pogba.”
Shepherd claims Manchester United also want to re-sign Pogba but would not stump up that sort of cash, it is also believed Real Madrid are interested, but, again, not at that price.
The thinking behind signing Pogba would seem to make a lot of sense as well: “Chelsea see the 21-year-old France international as a good investment, not least because his Premier League academy status, just like Cesc Fabregas, helps the club conform to UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules.”
Ever since leaving Manchester United, Pogba has been hugely impressive for Juventus and now France at the World Cup.
Gazzetta dello Sport suggest that at a fee of around 75 million euros, Juventus may find it hard to say no to Chelsea’s mega offer for Pogba.
A midfield three of Nemanja Matic, Paul Pogba and Cesc Fabregas would surely propel Chelsea to great things next season…
And, lest we forget, Pogba was spotted playing Football Manager as Chelsea just last week…
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...