Burn! Pep Guardiola blatantly ignored Cristiano Ronaldo at the Ballon d’Or
- January 9, 2013
Did Pep Guardiola purposefully refuse to shake Cristiano Ronaldo’s hand at the Ballon d’Or earlier this week?
New footage has been broadcast on Spanish TV showing a tense moment between the former Barcelona manager and the Real Madrid superstar in the auditorium in Zurich on Monday night.
As everybody was shuffling into their seats before the event kicked off, Cristiano Ronaldo walked behind Guardiola and the Portuguese forward put his hand on Pep’s shoulder as if to engage a greeting from the Catalan legend.
Pep’s reaction, however, was decidedly cold, as Guardiola turned his head backward to gaze up at Cristiano, only to quickly turn his head back again once he realised who had touched him.
Unsurprisingly the footage has been construed as Guardiola snubbing Ronaldo in public.
Watch the Guardiola-Ronaldo encounter below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]