Burn! Pep Guardiola blatantly ignored Cristiano Ronaldo at the Ballon d’Or
- January 9, 2013
Did Pep Guardiola purposefully refuse to shake Cristiano Ronaldo’s hand at the Ballon d’Or earlier this week?
New footage has been broadcast on Spanish TV showing a tense moment between the former Barcelona manager and the Real Madrid superstar in the auditorium in Zurich on Monday night.
As everybody was shuffling into their seats before the event kicked off, Cristiano Ronaldo walked behind Guardiola and the Portuguese forward put his hand on Pep’s shoulder as if to engage a greeting from the Catalan legend.
Pep’s reaction, however, was decidedly cold, as Guardiola turned his head backward to gaze up at Cristiano, only to quickly turn his head back again once he realised who had touched him.
Unsurprisingly the footage has been construed as Guardiola snubbing Ronaldo in public.
Watch the Guardiola-Ronaldo encounter below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...