Arsenal miss out! Gonzalo Higuain is pictured in Rome’s airport, going for Napoli medical
- July 24, 2013
Arsenal have missed out on Gonzalo Higuain.
Pictures began circulating on social media on Wednesday afternoon of images of Argentine international striker in Fiumicino airport in Rome on his way to Napoli for his medical.
As was reported on Tuesday, Napoli have agreed a €37m deal with Real Madrid for Higuain.
Rumours are suggesting that Higuain will receive €116,000-a-week in wages, while the total bill which Napoli will foot for Higuain could total around €90m including wages, taxes and the transfer fee.
Napoli have moved quickly to re-invest the windfall from Edinson Cavani’s €63m move to PSG, and buying Higuain should certainly placate the fans in the San Paolo.
As for Arsenal supporters, they will be far from happy.
After being touted to sign Higuain for most of the summer, the goalscorer has snubbed a move to the Emirates. The Gunners quest to find a top-draw centre-forward remains problematic.
It’s been a busy day for Napoli with Liverpool goalie Pepe Reina also arriving in town before his medical to join Rafa Benitez’s team.
See a series of images of Gonzalo Higuain in Rome’s airport are below.
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby signs for Marseille (BBC)
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- Santi Cazorla and Francis Coquelin take part in Arsenal fan Q&A (Video)
- The best bits of Arsenal’s Emirates Cup displays in slow motion (video)
- Arsenal fans sing Happy Birthday to Mathieu Debuchy on Members Day (Video)
- Arsene Wenger defends Arsenal’s transfer policy, admits there is a gap (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi