The 23-year-old was given a leave of absence on September 10 and returned to England from Brazil earlier this week, before attending a voluntary interview with Greater Manchester Police on Thursday.
Antony has always denied the allegations against him and United confirmed on Friday morning the winger will rejoin training and can resume playing for Ten Hag’s side: “Since allegations were first made in June, Antony has co-operated with police inquiries in both Brazil and the UK, and he continues to do so.
“As Antony’s employer, Manchester United has decided that he will resume training at Carrington, and be available for selection, while police inquiries proceed.
“This will be kept under review pending further developments in the case.
“As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.”
Erik ten Hag has since discussed the Brazilian in his latest press conference:
“We make the statement, so I refer to the statement,” Ten Hag said. “I think everything has been made clear in the statement.
“No, I don’t think it’s a distraction. We focus on the games and he will do as well.”
Asked for details on his return, the Dutchman said: “On Saturday, he will be back in the training, so tomorrow.
“I have to see (how fit he is), but I think, yeah (he’s fit).”