Manchester City’s Vincent Kompany buys crappy Belgian third division team FC Bleid
- March 28, 2013
Most footballers splash their cash on women, cars and other flashy goods. Vincent Kompany isn’t like most footballers.
Manchester City’s captain announced on Thursday that he has made a new investment to his portfolio after he bought third division Belgium team FC Bleid.
It looks like it will be a while though until Kompany gets to show off his new assest against other high-profile owners like Roman Abramovich.
FC Bleid are rubbish. 19th out of 19 teams in their division, FC Bleid are rock bottom of the D3B division with just two wins and 19 defeats in 28 matches this season.
Kompany’s newest acquisition appears to part philanthropy and part social experience based on crowd-sourced football management.
The Man City centre half has explained exactly why he invested in FC Bleid, and his vision for the club, on the website WeStartFromScratch.com.
Read Vincent Kompany’s statement below, as well as looking at the D3B table showing just how rotten FC Bleid are.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...