Capital One Cup: Chelsea show few signs of jetlag putting five past Leeds
- December 19, 2012
Leeds 1 – Chelsea 5 (Capital One Cup, December 19, 2012) (Alternative highlights, Longer highlights) Chelsea were torn to pieces in the 37th minute when David Luiz lost possession high up the pitch, Leeds sprung a swift counter attack and Luciano Becchio cracked home the final shot to raise the roof at Elland Road. Chelsea equalised early in the second half through red-hot forward Juan Mata. Chelsea took the lead on the hour mark when Branislav Ivanovic headed home a Lampard corner, and minutes later Mata teed up Victor Moses for the Pensioners’ 3rd. Chelsea rammed home their superiority in the final minutes as Eden Hazard made it 4-1, while Fernando Torres ratcheted up a fifth.
Post match interview: Rafa Benitez.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...