Capital One Cup: Chelsea show few signs of jetlag putting five past Leeds
- December 19, 2012
Leeds 1 – Chelsea 5 (Capital One Cup, December 19, 2012) (Alternative highlights, Longer highlights) Chelsea were torn to pieces in the 37th minute when David Luiz lost possession high up the pitch, Leeds sprung a swift counter attack and Luciano Becchio cracked home the final shot to raise the roof at Elland Road. Chelsea equalised early in the second half through red-hot forward Juan Mata. Chelsea took the lead on the hour mark when Branislav Ivanovic headed home a Lampard corner, and minutes later Mata teed up Victor Moses for the Pensioners’ 3rd. Chelsea rammed home their superiority in the final minutes as Eden Hazard made it 4-1, while Fernando Torres ratcheted up a fifth.
Post match interview: Rafa Benitez.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi