Why didn’t Iker Casillas celebrate Cristiano Ronaldo’s dramatic winner for Real Madrid v Manchester City?
- September 20, 2012
It isn’t so much that Iker Casillas didn’t celebrate Cristiano Ronaldo’s late winner for Real Madrid against Manchester City, it is that the Real Madrid keeper did not even flinch – it was as if there was a throw-in being taken up the field, with the Spanish number one not even making a move.
Whilst Jose Mourinho was sliding across the turf and Cristiano Ronaldo being mobbed by his delirious team mates in a deafening Bernabeu, Iker Casillas remained motionless.
And so, unsurprisingly, the Spanish media are pouring over the footage uncovered by TVE to work out why Casillas didn’t move.
Marca say that Casillas was upset over the death of a young Polish boy named Dawid Zapisek, who died earlier this week and who the Real Madrid keeper had met at Euro 2012.
During the day on Tuesday, Casillas had written his condolences on his Facebook page to the family of the 14-year-old who suffered from a spinal muscular problem.
Apparently, Casillas did not celebrate any of Real Madrid’s three goals against City but the above does not discount another theory – that the Real Madrid custodian was upset that his great mate Sergio Ramos had been left out of the starting XI by Jose Mourinho.
And, of course, another reason has been brought up by the Catalan press. Everyone knows Iker Casillas and Cristiano Ronaldo don’t get on – so that’s why Sara Carbonero’s other half didn’t celebrate the third goal.
Video of Iker Casillas’ non-celebration for Real Madrid’s third match winning goal v Manchester City is here:
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi