- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Video: Souleymane Coulibaly scores cracker for Tottenham U21s v Southampton
With Tottenham’s shortage of strikers, as Andre Villas-Boas is limited to choosing between Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor for the Spurs first team, there have been calls to delve into the highly promising youth teams at White Hart Lane.
Whilst Tottenham are enduring somewhat of a rut, losing consecutive Premier League games to Wigan and Manchester City, the youth sides have picked up some eye catching results of late.
Spurs beat Barcelona in Spain last week in the NextGen Series and on Monday night an Under-21 side smashed Southampton 4-0 with by all accounts a terrific display.
Two goals from Yago Falque and Jon Obika set the young Spurs side on their way with the final goal coming from a great hope in the Tottenham ranks.
Souleymane Coulibaly was signed ahead of the 2011/2012 season after impressing in the Under-17 World Cup and was quickly labelled the “new Didier Drogba.”
The young Ivorian striker came on as a late sub in the Tottenham win over Southampton, lashing in a cracker into the top corner for the fourth goal. And caps it off with a corker of a somersault celebration.
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="258636"]
- Updated: November 13, 2012