Video: Souleymane Coulibaly scores cracker for Tottenham U21s v Southampton
- November 13, 2012
With Tottenham’s shortage of strikers, as Andre Villas-Boas is limited to choosing between Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor for the Spurs first team, there have been calls to delve into the highly promising youth teams at White Hart Lane.
Whilst Tottenham are enduring somewhat of a rut, losing consecutive Premier League games to Wigan and Manchester City, the youth sides have picked up some eye catching results of late.
Spurs beat Barcelona in Spain last week in the NextGen Series and on Monday night an Under-21 side smashed Southampton 4-0 with by all accounts a terrific display.
Two goals from Yago Falque and Jon Obika set the young Spurs side on their way with the final goal coming from a great hope in the Tottenham ranks.
Souleymane Coulibaly was signed ahead of the 2011/2012 season after impressing in the Under-17 World Cup and was quickly labelled the “new Didier Drogba.”
The young Ivorian striker came on as a late sub in the Tottenham win over Southampton, lashing in a cracker into the top corner for the fourth goal. And caps it off with a corker of a somersault celebration.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”258636″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...