Video: See why even Moyes cannot defend Fellaini over Shawcross headbutt
- December 15, 2012
Marouane Fellaini’s headbutt on Ryan Shawcross in Everton’s 1-1 draw at Stoke looks like being one of the major talking points of the football weekend.
And, David Moyes didn’t pussy foot around in his post match presser, calling for his own player to be reprimanded by the FA.
The Everton boss should be applauded, this sort of behaviour is almost unheard of in England’s top division.
Moyes: “He deserves to get the punishment. I’ve seen it, it’s a terrible thing to do and I expect him to be punished. It’s down to the FA. I’ve told him it’s not acceptable and whatever he gets, he and us deserve it.”
Stoke manager Tony Pulis also added his two penneth: “I’ll let David deal with Marouane Fellaini but the one thing I will say is we have now had three incidents this season. David Luiz for Chelsea made a poor challenge and Ciaran Clark at Aston Villa made a poor challenge and that, along with this today, are three incidents where we haven’t had a decision go for us and that’s disappointing. In my opinion all three of these incidents should been sending offs. I like Mark [Halsey], he is a good referee but maybe he has not seen it.”
Fellaini will almost certainly be slapped with a three-match ban once the FA do investigate a little further. Which would rule him out of games against West Ham away, Wigan and Chelsea at home.
The afro-haird Belgian would next play a Premier League game again in 2013…
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...