- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Video: See why even Moyes cannot defend Fellaini over Shawcross headbutt
Marouane Fellaini’s headbutt on Ryan Shawcross in Everton’s 1-1 draw at Stoke looks like being one of the major talking points of the football weekend.
And, David Moyes didn’t pussy foot around in his post match presser, calling for his own player to be reprimanded by the FA.
The Everton boss should be applauded, this sort of behaviour is almost unheard of in England’s top division.
Moyes: “He deserves to get the punishment. I’ve seen it, it’s a terrible thing to do and I expect him to be punished. It’s down to the FA. I’ve told him it’s not acceptable and whatever he gets, he and us deserve it.”
Stoke manager Tony Pulis also added his two penneth: “I’ll let David deal with Marouane Fellaini but the one thing I will say is we have now had three incidents this season. David Luiz for Chelsea made a poor challenge and Ciaran Clark at Aston Villa made a poor challenge and that, along with this today, are three incidents where we haven’t had a decision go for us and that’s disappointing. In my opinion all three of these incidents should been sending offs. I like Mark [Halsey], he is a good referee but maybe he has not seen it.”
Fellaini will almost certainly be slapped with a three-match ban once the FA do investigate a little further. Which would rule him out of games against West Ham away, Wigan and Chelsea at home.
The afro-haird Belgian would next play a Premier League game again in 2013…
- Updated: December 15, 2012