- Dat stare! Roy Keane’s angriest ever faces [TalkSPORT Video]
- DeAndre Yedlin gets UK work permit, expected to start with Spurs in January [MLS Soccer]
- Lovely! Carlos Tevez rolls Koulibaly with beautiful dummy to score second for Juve v Napoli [Videos]
- Fergie on Jose Mourinho: ‘It’s not fair, he’s too good looking! Like George Clooney now!’ [Video]
- Shocking! Dad and kids kicked out of Villa Park for celebrating Falcao’s goal in Family Stand
Video of the Fixed Champions League match: Liverpool 1 – Debrecen 0
Kudos to Danish paper Ekstra Bladet for breaking the news on Monday afternoon that the fixed Champions League match in England was Liverpool’s 1-0 win over Debrecen in September 2009.
The English press, somewhat predictably, were a little slow on the uptake, with The Sun laughably claiming a “world exclusive” with exactly the same information published on Tuesday morning.
Debrecen have today admitted that goalkeeper Vukasin Poleksic was questioned in 2010 by UEFA about approaches before “two international matches.”
Despite much criticism from Liverpool fans in the comments section of the post linked to above, there remains no suspicion attached to the Merseyside giants for their part in the Champions League match over four years ago.
Up until yesterday the only video evidence available from Liverpool’s 1-0 win over Debrecen was Dirk Kuyt’s match winner which Poleksic punched straight to the Dutchman after a Fernando Torres shot.
We have now managed to locate mini highlights and they don’t paint Poleksic in the best light.
Steven Gerrard fired wide when well placed and Poleksic made no attempt to make a save. For the goal you wonder if the Debrecen keeper could have done better with the original shot from Torres.
Also on the video below, Poleksic makes no effort to stop a rising Gerrard shot and then fumbles weakly from a jinking Yossi Benayoun.
- Updated: February 5, 2013