- Very Cute! Chelsea’s first team take on the whole Under-8s squad [Video]
- Pepe might have taken the worst throw-in EVER during Real Madrid v San Lorenzo!
- LVG presser post Aston Villa draw: “United robbed 2 points… not as good as City!”
- One Man United fan labels Louis van Gaal as arrogant after the Aston Villa draw [Full Time Devils]
- Crystal Palace fans protested ticket prices outside the Premier League HQ on Saturday [Pictures]
Video: Manchester United legend Roy Keane backs the call to send Nani off
I wonder why Gareth Southgate’s petrified of Roy Keane on ITV’s commentary? The mind boggles… twitter.com/Joey7Barton/st…
— Joseph Barton (@Joey7Barton) March 5, 2013
“That Nani tackle was extremely dangerous and a definite red card.” – Roy Keane.
When the cameras panned to the ITV panel of Adrian Chiles, Roy Keane, Lee Dixon and Gareth Southgate at full time after Manchester United 1 – Real Madrid 2, viewers were treated to another high octane battle.
This time it was the turn of Roy Keane and Gareth Southgate to go at it and the Manchester United legend was forthright in his opinions, calling it a straight red card.
The former England and Crystal Palace defender meanwhile was sitting on the fence, veering towards the suggestion that Cuneyt Cakir should not have sent Nani off.
Southgate called Nani “very unlucky” whilst Chiles attempted to referee what became a very heated discussion.
ITV gets a lot of stick but this was excellent TV and their pundits came to the party on one of the biggest decisions of the season.
Whether Keane’s argument stand up to inspection when you consider his own playing career and the fact he bears a very public grudge towards Sir Alex Ferguson is another matter entirely…
Video of Manchester United legend Roy Keane backing the decision to show Nani a red card against Real Madrid can be seen below.
- Updated: March 5, 2013