Video: Jack Wilshere makes long-awaited Arsenal return in Under-21 defeat to West Brom
- October 1, 2012
Following 14 months of injury problems, Jack Wilshere made his long-awaited playing return in an Arsenal Under-21 match against West Brom on Monday afternoon.
The 20-year-old England hope wore the Arsenal number 10 shirt and looked to prompt behind the forwards in an eventual 1-0 defeat to the Baggies.
Wilshere played 62 minutes with the highlight a fine reverse pass for Nico Yennaris to remind Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger just what he can do.
Emmanuel Frimpong (interviewed on the first video below) also made a 70-minute run out for the Arsenal Under-21 side following up his return from injury which began in the Capital One Cup win over Coventry last week.
Two reports on Jack Wilshere’s Arsenal return can be seen below. The second, with poorer picture quality, has slightly longer footage of the 20-year-old in action.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”238965″]
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”238966″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi