- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Two teams (36 players!) sent off in Paraguayan junior league match between Teniente Farina & Libertad
A Paraguayan junior league match between Teniente Farina & Libertad descended into chaos just before the final whistle after referee Nestor Guillen sent off a player from each side.
Said players refused to leave the pitch, resulting in a mass brawl involving both teams and all the substitutes on the touchline. As seems standard in these affairs, a flying kick is probably the stand out moment on the video below.
The match officials fled to the dressing room to get away from the angry teams and issued all the red cards from this relative safety. Subsequently, both teams have laid the blame with them for failing to stop the brawl or truly see what happened.
Hernan Martinez, president of Teniente Farina, said: “The referees didn’t even stay on the field. As soon as the fighting broke out they went to the dressing room. They ran through the tunnel to their dressing room. They weren’t able to see anything that happened. But, in the report, to more or less wash their hands of the responsibility, they expelled all 36 players.”
Sixto Nunez, president of Libertad, added: “”The referee needed to take better care of the boys. He should have made sure that the two dismissed players were completely off the field. Instead, the officials left the field and when the players were all leaving together that’s when the fighting started again.”
- Updated: October 23, 2012