Two teams (36 players!) sent off in Paraguayan junior league match between Teniente Farina & Libertad
- October 23, 2012
A Paraguayan junior league match between Teniente Farina & Libertad descended into chaos just before the final whistle after referee Nestor Guillen sent off a player from each side.
Said players refused to leave the pitch, resulting in a mass brawl involving both teams and all the substitutes on the touchline. As seems standard in these affairs, a flying kick is probably the stand out moment on the video below.
The match officials fled to the dressing room to get away from the angry teams and issued all the red cards from this relative safety. Subsequently, both teams have laid the blame with them for failing to stop the brawl or truly see what happened.
Hernan Martinez, president of Teniente Farina, said: “The referees didn’t even stay on the field. As soon as the fighting broke out they went to the dressing room. They ran through the tunnel to their dressing room. They weren’t able to see anything that happened. But, in the report, to more or less wash their hands of the responsibility, they expelled all 36 players.”
Sixto Nunez, president of Libertad, added: “”The referee needed to take better care of the boys. He should have made sure that the two dismissed players were completely off the field. Instead, the officials left the field and when the players were all leaving together that’s when the fighting started again.”
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”249904″]
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]