Two teams (36 players!) sent off in Paraguayan junior league match between Teniente Farina & Libertad
- October 23, 2012
A Paraguayan junior league match between Teniente Farina & Libertad descended into chaos just before the final whistle after referee Nestor Guillen sent off a player from each side.
Said players refused to leave the pitch, resulting in a mass brawl involving both teams and all the substitutes on the touchline. As seems standard in these affairs, a flying kick is probably the stand out moment on the video below.
The match officials fled to the dressing room to get away from the angry teams and issued all the red cards from this relative safety. Subsequently, both teams have laid the blame with them for failing to stop the brawl or truly see what happened.
Hernan Martinez, president of Teniente Farina, said: “The referees didn’t even stay on the field. As soon as the fighting broke out they went to the dressing room. They ran through the tunnel to their dressing room. They weren’t able to see anything that happened. But, in the report, to more or less wash their hands of the responsibility, they expelled all 36 players.”
Sixto Nunez, president of Libertad, added: “”The referee needed to take better care of the boys. He should have made sure that the two dismissed players were completely off the field. Instead, the officials left the field and when the players were all leaving together that’s when the fighting started again.”
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”249904″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...