- Arsene Wenger: ‘It was Santi Cazorla’s turn to take penalty, Alexis Sanchez accepted it’ [Video]
- Keith Millen: ‘I am ready to take over as full time Crystal Palace boss, players respect me’ [Video]
- QPR boss Harry Redknapp: ‘We need a striker, but I don’t think we’re gonna find a good one!’
- Joey Barton has a rant at QPR ‘consumers’ after booing v Crystal Palace
- Big Sam ‘baffled & confused’ by Alex Song’s disallowed goal v Arsenal [Video]
Tuttosport: Juventus cannot compete with Arsenal, Alexis Sanchez is heading to London
— Omid Zamani (@Juventus__fan) July 8, 2014
Turin based newspaper Tuttosport don’t always have the best reputation when it comes to transfer stories.
But, they are usually more correct when it comes to transfer gossip involving Juventus so Arsenal fans can take great heart from a report that appears today in their newspaper, but is currently not online.
As per the Tweet above, it appears Juventus have pulled out the race for Chilean World Cup star Alexis Sanchez complaining that they cannot compete on a financial level with Arsenal.
The Spanish press have been talking up the Serie A champions in recent days, suggesting Sanchez would prefer to return to Italy after emerging as a star at Udinese.
But, the riches of the Premier League and sound financial footing at Arsenal means they can pay 40 million euros to Barcelona and seven million euros net per season in wages and have a free run at Alexis Sanchez.
Meanwhile, Juventus look set to target Verona attacking midfielder Juan Iturbe, who is a significantly cheaper option for The Old Lady.
All great news for Arsenal if true… Just imagine Alexis Sanchez and Theo Walcott playing off Mesut Ozil and Aaron Ramsey!
- Updated: July 8, 2014