Bayern & Man United target Marco Reus only has a €25m buyout clause in his BVB contract [Bild]
- August 6, 2014
The front cover of SportsBild on Wednesday has dropped a bombshell.
Marco Reus, the brilliant German attacking midfielder who is rumoured to be a target for Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Barcelona, has now been revealed to be decidedly cheaper to buy than previously thought.
Bild’s sports section reads “Fight for Reus”, amid fresh reports that the Borussia Dortmund star only has a €25m buyout clause in his contract.
It had previously been though that Reus’ buyout clause was €35m.
The discount on Reus’ price tag was disclosed by Bayern’s CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who told Bild “it is known that the BVB player has a get-out clause of €25m”.
25-year-old Reus is under contract at the Westfalenstadion until 2017, however reports in the German media claim that contract extension talks between BVB and Reus have broken down as the player seeks to change club sooner rather than later.
One suspects that if Reus does indeed has just a €25m buyout clause, then a whole long list of clubs will be queuing up to try and convince him to join their club, with Bayern, Man United and Barcelona all previously listed as potential suitors.
See the front cover of SportBild on Wednesday below.
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez stars as Office Guy in brilliant Abitab advert (Video)
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi credits his teammates for enabling him to use his individual talents (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...