- Andy Tate post Chelsea defeat: Man United will win the PL next season [video]
- Wayne Rooney: Chelsea know how to get referee on their side [video]
- Huge Odds! Back Man City to beat West Ham at 3/1 + money back if you lose!!!
- Jose Mourinho annoyed with John Terry after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil celebrate Arsenal 2 – Reading 1 on Instagram
Bayern & Man United target Marco Reus only has a €25m buyout clause in his BVB contract [Bild]
- August 6, 2014
The front cover of SportsBild on Wednesday has dropped a bombshell.
Marco Reus, the brilliant German attacking midfielder who is rumoured to be a target for Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Barcelona, has now been revealed to be decidedly cheaper to buy than previously thought.
Bild’s sports section reads “Fight for Reus”, amid fresh reports that the Borussia Dortmund star only has a €25m buyout clause in his contract.
It had previously been though that Reus’ buyout clause was €35m.
The discount on Reus’ price tag was disclosed by Bayern’s CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who told Bild “it is known that the BVB player has a get-out clause of €25m”.
25-year-old Reus is under contract at the Westfalenstadion until 2017, however reports in the German media claim that contract extension talks between BVB and Reus have broken down as the player seeks to change club sooner rather than later.
One suspects that if Reus does indeed has just a €25m buyout clause, then a whole long list of clubs will be queuing up to try and convince him to join their club, with Bayern, Man United and Barcelona all previously listed as potential suitors.
See the front cover of SportBild on Wednesday below.