Bayern & Man United target Marco Reus only has a €25m buyout clause in his BVB contract [Bild]
The front cover of SportsBild on Wednesday has dropped a bombshell.
Marco Reus, the brilliant German attacking midfielder who is rumoured to be a target for Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Barcelona, has now been revealed to be decidedly cheaper to buy than previously thought.
Bild’s sports section reads “Fight for Reus”, amid fresh reports that the Borussia Dortmund star only has a €25m buyout clause in his contract.
It had previously been though that Reus’ buyout clause was €35m.
The discount on Reus’ price tag was disclosed by Bayern’s CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who told Bild “it is known that the BVB player has a get-out clause of €25m”.
25-year-old Reus is under contract at the Westfalenstadion until 2017, however reports in the German media claim that contract extension talks between BVB and Reus have broken down as the player seeks to change club sooner rather than later.
One suspects that if Reus does indeed has just a €25m buyout clause, then a whole long list of clubs will be queuing up to try and convince him to join their club, with Bayern, Man United and Barcelona all previously listed as potential suitors.
See the front cover of SportBild on Wednesday below.
- Pep Guardiola’s tactics at Bayern compared to Arsenal legend Herbert Chapman [Marca]
- Injured David Alaba celebrates Bayern’s 4-0 win over Olympiakos with a song (Video)
- Douglas Costa & Arjen Robben show off some amazing skills in Bayern’s warm up v Schalk...
- BT Sport produced an outrageous Bayern Munich statistic (Video)
- Borussia Dortmund v VfB Stuttgart: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Chelsea to battle Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Blues tipped for a low ball offer [Sun]
- As Arsenal circle, watch every single Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang goal in his Bundesliga career (Of...
- Dortmund place €60m price tag on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Arsenal seriously interested [Bild]