Bayern & Man United target Marco Reus only has a €25m buyout clause in his BVB contract [Bild]
- August 6, 2014
The front cover of SportsBild on Wednesday has dropped a bombshell.
Marco Reus, the brilliant German attacking midfielder who is rumoured to be a target for Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Barcelona, has now been revealed to be decidedly cheaper to buy than previously thought.
Bild’s sports section reads “Fight for Reus”, amid fresh reports that the Borussia Dortmund star only has a €25m buyout clause in his contract.
It had previously been though that Reus’ buyout clause was €35m.
The discount on Reus’ price tag was disclosed by Bayern’s CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who told Bild “it is known that the BVB player has a get-out clause of €25m”.
25-year-old Reus is under contract at the Westfalenstadion until 2017, however reports in the German media claim that contract extension talks between BVB and Reus have broken down as the player seeks to change club sooner rather than later.
One suspects that if Reus does indeed has just a €25m buyout clause, then a whole long list of clubs will be queuing up to try and convince him to join their club, with Bayern, Man United and Barcelona all previously listed as potential suitors.
See the front cover of SportBild on Wednesday below.
- Barca’s Dani Alves: Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil team for World Cup 2014 ...
- Barcelona starlet Sergi Samper posts quality indoor training drill video on Facebook
- Sky Sports compile new Barcelona signing Arda Turan’s best Atletico goals [Video]
- Barcelona publish Arda Turan compilation video to celebrate €35m signing [Video]
- Sloppy Neymar had a good time at a house party in Brazil [Video]
- It’s official: Barcelona sign Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi