Tottenham close in on €6m deal for 19-year-old Croatian striker Ante Rebic [Croatian reports]
- May 15, 2013
Reports in Croatia today claim Tottenham are closing in on their first summer transfer: NK Split’s 19-year-old striker Ante Rebic for 6 million euros.
Spurs have reportedly made their bid after tracking the young forward for some time and the north London side look set to beat off competition from Parma for Rebic.
Parma offered 2.5 million euros but Spurs have made a breakthrough in the last few days for a player that has also been linked to Bayern Munich and AC Milan.
Rebic has emerged into the NK Split side over the past few seasons and truly made his breakthrough in 2013/2014.
The seemingly Spurs-bound forward has scored 10 goals in 24 appearances this season for a side third in the Croatia top division – currently two points ahead of their more famous local rivals Hajduk Split.
Rebic, 19, is considered a strong striker who can score as well as provide goals. Video footage below.
With Tottenham struggling for goals from the likes of Emmanuel Adebayor and Jermain Defoe this season, it seems likely Andre Villas-Boas will be beefing up his striking options this summer.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi