This stinks! Qatar coach, captain & media voted for Cristiano Ronaldo as favour for Sepp Blatter
- January 14, 2014
The above quote – so far only appearing online in Arabic – will come as little surprise to anyone who follows world football.
And, it should be pointed out that plenty of the voting for the Ballon d’Or was spurious to say the least.
But, there is a fair argument saying only media should vote for the Ballon d’Or as players and officials are simply too open to either being biased or returning favours.
In the case of Qatar, it would be no surprise if Sepp Blatter called in some favours after his infamous rant about Cristiano Ronaldo at the Oxford Union – see video below.
The fact the voting period was delayed after Ronaldo scored a hat-trick for Portugal in Sweden also suggests some strong pulling by Blatter.
If Qatar was a fit and proper country to host the World Cup in 2022 perhaps this would be easier to stomach!
- Cristiano Ronaldo gets a ludicrous amount of money to promote products on Twitter (AS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo & Nani score glorious free-kicks in Portugal training (video)
- How Leo Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo are helping to rid London’s streets of cig...
- Tsunami survivor Martunis hangs out with his hero Cristiano Ronaldo at Portugal trainin...
- Cristiano Ronaldo pays €30,000 for Wax Statue of himself
- The Sun stitch up Cristiano Ronaldo, Brazilian woman claims she had affair when he was ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...