This stinks! Qatar coach, captain & media voted for Cristiano Ronaldo as favour for Sepp Blatter
- January 14, 2014
The above quote – so far only appearing online in Arabic – will come as little surprise to anyone who follows world football.
And, it should be pointed out that plenty of the voting for the Ballon d’Or was spurious to say the least.
But, there is a fair argument saying only media should vote for the Ballon d’Or as players and officials are simply too open to either being biased or returning favours.
In the case of Qatar, it would be no surprise if Sepp Blatter called in some favours after his infamous rant about Cristiano Ronaldo at the Oxford Union – see video below.
The fact the voting period was delayed after Ronaldo scored a hat-trick for Portugal in Sweden also suggests some strong pulling by Blatter.
If Qatar was a fit and proper country to host the World Cup in 2022 perhaps this would be easier to stomach!
- Cristiano Ronaldo found a lost phone in Las Vegas, contacted the owner, and invited her...
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s son asked: Who is your father? Answers: The best in the world
- Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo stars in weird new Japanese fitness advert [Video]
- Real Madrid fans choose unlikely successor for captaincy should Casillas & Ramos l...
- Real Madrid chief Florentino Perez meets with PSG owners in Qatar to discuss the sale o...
- Cristiano Ronaldo gave very short answer when asked about Sergio Ramos move to Man Unit...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi