Thiago Alcantara agrees personal terms with Bayern, rejecting Man United & Real Madrid [Cope]
- July 11, 2013
According to the very reputable Spanish radio station Cadena Cope, wanted Barcelona man Thiago Alcantara will join up with former boss Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich, rejecting offers from Manchester United and Real Madrid.
New United manager David Moyes has been heavily linked to the young midfielder but Cope are reporting that Thiago has accepted a €4M a year contract at Bayern Munich.
According to the reports Thiago could sign for Bayern within 24 hours, with Javi Martinez likely to be repositioned to centre back.
Thanks to @CheGiaevara we have the perfectly translated words of the journalist who reported it, Juanma Castaño:
“This is from a very credible source, a source that is, lets say, directly linked to the footballer.”
“First, we have been told that Thiago Alcantara’s future is not at Barca. Second, we have been told the club he has chosen. The club Thiago has chosen is Bayern Munich.”
“There are various factors. There have been several offers on the table. From Manchester United and Real Madrid.”
“The bid from Real Madrid was rejected because Thiago does not want to close any doors on a return to Barca in the future.”
“Therefore the two offers on the table was from Bayern Munich and Manchester United. Thiago considered both closely.”
“Thiago knew that there were several players in his position, but was told by Pep Guardiola on the phone that he was moving Javi Martinez to centre back as Marcelo Bielsa did with him at Athletic Bilbao.”
“However, I insist, all this has to be taken with the precaution that with this news it is the summer.”
“I’m being told that the deal is absolutely closed and can be confirmed in a matter of hours.”
However 101GG is still a little sceptical and doesn’t think this one is quite done yet.
It simply makes more sense for him to join United where they have a Thiago shaped hole in their midfield. Also Bayern NEVER give players a buy-out clause in their contract, a clause Thiago and father Mazinho wanted.
- Guiseppe Marotta confirms that Juventus rejected €80m bid from Barcelona for Paul Pogba
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi helped save the life of Argentine man kidnapped in Nigeria
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi