Sky Bet report big betting movement on Liverpool’s Luis Suarez joining Arsenal
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) July 3, 2013
William Hill say they have suspended bets on Suarez to Arsenal after a run of bets placed in the Barcelona area this morning. #lfc
— amar singh (@amarjourno) July 3, 2013
Even if this is complete BS from Sky Bet, you can’t really blame the bookies for stoking up the gossip mongers (and future punters) with their latest piece of tidbits.
Sky Bet whipped up a storm late on Wednesday night by Tweeting: “Luis Suarez has moved from 20/1 to 7/2 to join Arsenal following a run of bets. He’s 3/1 to stay at Liverpool.”
These latest, unsubstantiated, links to Arsenal are the first bits of fresh Luis Suarez transfer gossip Liverpool fans have been fed in recent days.
Previously Reds fans had been forced to read a slew of reports linking their Uruguayan striker with Real Madrid, after Suarez told El Pais “I am a Liverpool player… [If I did join Real Madrid] I will give my soul every time I step on the pitch. I have done this with Uruguay, Ajax and Liverpool. I do not hold anything when I finish a game… No [there has been no contact with Real]. I have a contract with Liverpool.”
As to the Sky Bet rumour directly, it seems almost unimaginable that Luis Suarez could move from Liverpool to Arsenal this summer. Unless an unbelievable offer was lodged by Arsene Wenger, one could assume that Brendan Rodgers would never sell his prized asset to another Premier League club.
Moreover, if Arsenal do sign a top-draw striker this summer all-odds are on Gonzalo Higuain moving to the Emirates.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal star Alex Iwobi plays FIFA and Chills with Copa 90 (Video)September 29, 2016
- It looks like Theo Walcott is finally making good on his Alexis Sanchez arrival warningSeptember 29, 2016
- Theo Walcott on playing at a different level, post Arsenal-Basel interview (video)September 29, 2016
- Spurs star Sonaldo nutmegs Arsenal youngster Calum Chambers (video)September 29, 2016
- Swansea v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- Mino Raiola explained to Nice why they shouldn’t sign Mario Balotelli from LiverpoolSeptember 29, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho handed lifeline by Jurgen Klopp with under-23 chanceSeptember 28, 2016
- Liverpool’s Sadio Mane wins a Premier League awardSeptember 28, 2016
- Santa Teresa invite Barcelona’s Luis Suarez to their next game after ‘sexist’ comments to Filipe LuisSeptember 23, 2016
- Luis Suarez left the boot in on Filipe Luiz, accused him of diving and called him a clown (Video)September 22, 2016
- Chelsea old boy Filipe Luis calls out Barcelona’s Luis Suarez on Instagram for a nasty foulSeptember 22, 2016
- Barcelona’s Neymar pranked Luis Suarez by handing him his used chewing gum (Video)September 20, 2016