- Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal smashed up a controller after Isco beat him in FIFA [Tweets]
- Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says he’d be ‘delighted’ to offer Carlo Ancelotti new contract
- Stats comparison: Liverpool starlet Raheem Sterling & Arsenal man Alexis Sanchez [Graphic]
- Barcelona stars wish their fans a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! [Video]
- Superb tribute video to Thierry Henry for his time with New York Red Bulls [KICK TV]
Sky Bet report big betting movement on Liverpool’s Luis Suarez joining Arsenal
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) July 3, 2013
William Hill say they have suspended bets on Suarez to Arsenal after a run of bets placed in the Barcelona area this morning. #lfc
— amar singh (@amarjourno) July 3, 2013
Even if this is complete BS from Sky Bet, you can’t really blame the bookies for stoking up the gossip mongers (and future punters) with their latest piece of tidbits.
Sky Bet whipped up a storm late on Wednesday night by Tweeting: “Luis Suarez has moved from 20/1 to 7/2 to join Arsenal following a run of bets. He’s 3/1 to stay at Liverpool.”
These latest, unsubstantiated, links to Arsenal are the first bits of fresh Luis Suarez transfer gossip Liverpool fans have been fed in recent days.
Previously Reds fans had been forced to read a slew of reports linking their Uruguayan striker with Real Madrid, after Suarez told El Pais “I am a Liverpool player… [If I did join Real Madrid] I will give my soul every time I step on the pitch. I have done this with Uruguay, Ajax and Liverpool. I do not hold anything when I finish a game… No [there has been no contact with Real]. I have a contract with Liverpool.”
As to the Sky Bet rumour directly, it seems almost unimaginable that Luis Suarez could move from Liverpool to Arsenal this summer. Unless an unbelievable offer was lodged by Arsene Wenger, one could assume that Brendan Rodgers would never sell his prized asset to another Premier League club.
Moreover, if Arsenal do sign a top-draw striker this summer all-odds are on Gonzalo Higuain moving to the Emirates.
- Updated: July 3, 2013