Sky Bet report big betting movement on Liverpool’s Luis Suarez joining Arsenal
- July 3, 2013
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) July 3, 2013
William Hill say they have suspended bets on Suarez to Arsenal after a run of bets placed in the Barcelona area this morning. #lfc
— amar singh (@amarjourno) July 3, 2013
Even if this is complete BS from Sky Bet, you can’t really blame the bookies for stoking up the gossip mongers (and future punters) with their latest piece of tidbits.
Sky Bet whipped up a storm late on Wednesday night by Tweeting: “Luis Suarez has moved from 20/1 to 7/2 to join Arsenal following a run of bets. He’s 3/1 to stay at Liverpool.”
These latest, unsubstantiated, links to Arsenal are the first bits of fresh Luis Suarez transfer gossip Liverpool fans have been fed in recent days.
Previously Reds fans had been forced to read a slew of reports linking their Uruguayan striker with Real Madrid, after Suarez told El Pais “I am a Liverpool player… [If I did join Real Madrid] I will give my soul every time I step on the pitch. I have done this with Uruguay, Ajax and Liverpool. I do not hold anything when I finish a game… No [there has been no contact with Real]. I have a contract with Liverpool.”
As to the Sky Bet rumour directly, it seems almost unimaginable that Luis Suarez could move from Liverpool to Arsenal this summer. Unless an unbelievable offer was lodged by Arsene Wenger, one could assume that Brendan Rodgers would never sell his prized asset to another Premier League club.
Moreover, if Arsenal do sign a top-draw striker this summer all-odds are on Gonzalo Higuain moving to the Emirates.
- Arsenal fans troll Chelsea with their brand new Petr Cech song (Videos)
- Augsberg defender Abdul Rahman Baba agrees personal terms With Chelsea [Bild]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright strangely takes to Twitter to beg his old club to sign Real M...
- Aaron Ramsey thinks Theo Walcott is set for a prolific season (Video)
- Arsene Wenger has £42m to splash out on a striker; Karim Benzema tops his list [Cadena ...
- A week after Chuba Akpom said he wanted to stay at Arsenal, he joins Hull on loan (Pict...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi