- Perth Glory’s 17 yr old Daniel De Silva makes his own volley with back to goal! (Keeper though!)
- Nearly as bad as QPR’s! Oscar, Hazard & Ivanovic star in awful Chelsea Christmas video
- Amateur player in Peru tries backheel penalty, gets it spectacularly wrong!
- James Milner as the False 9: Manchester City v Crystal Palace [Team Sheets]
- Jason Byrne & Jamie Carragher have epic 7-minute staring contest on Soccer AM [Video]
The Greatest Goalie Goal EVER! Jakob Køhler (Frem) scores injury-time overhead kick v Birkerod
Early last week we thought we had unearthed the greatest goalkeeper goal as Dominique Niederhauser (Dardania Lausanne) scored an 80-yarder v Genolier-Begnins.
It seems we were a little premature with that pronouncement.
Skjold Birkerod took on Frem in the Danish second division East on Saturday with the visitors looking to continue a fine early start to the season since promotion in June.
Frem though were 1-0 down with seconds to go when goalkeeper Jakob Køhler ran forward for a late corner to try and grab an equaliser.
Clad in a fetching pink jersey, Køhler failed to get to the initial late corner but was on hand for the ensuing cut back which he managed to fire into the far corner with an incredible overhead kick.
To cap it off Køhler also displays his athleticism in the celebration as well!
What. A. Goal! (With thanks to Danish Football News for the tip.)
UPDATE: With thanks to Mads Blom in the comments who adds that Jakob Køhler says at the end of the video: “Did you get it on video? I need to have that!”
- Updated: September 9, 2012