- Luis Figo announces his intentions to run against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President [Video]
- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
- Full video of homeless Cristiano Ronaldo playing with a kid before revealing himself [Video]
The greatest disallowed goals of all time: A definitive list
The reasoning behind this list is due to what we believe to have been a contender for one of the greatest disallowed goals ever by Mario Balotelli in AC Milan’s 1-1 draw with Cagliari on Sunday.
Now, not everyone thought this was such a special disallowed goal. Bearing in mind it was a scissors kick in the 94th minute of a game that finished 1-1 and where Balotelli had been racially abused, we happen to think it was.
Plenty of comments on this site and on our Facebook page suggested Balotelli’s disallowed goal at Cagliari wasn’t that great.
Among the highlights were the following comments:
- Clearly one guy has got a bit carried away and wants a bit of Mario Muck on his face.
- were you on an all time great bong when u wrote this dude?
- hardly “unbelievable” ffs. are you 9?
- 101ggs you have well and truly lost the plot.
And yet, there were plenty of Likes and Shares of the clip as well as comments bemoaning the fact it was disallowed. It isn’t just 101 Great Goals saying Mario Balotelli scored one of the all-time great disallowed goals!
So, we have no alternative but to produce a page with all of the greatest disallowed goals of all time so that you can judge whether Super Mario’s is up there.
Below is the definitive list of the greatest disallowed goals of all time. If we have missed any, please leave them in the comments and we will endeavour to add them in.
George Best (Northern Ireland) v England, 1971
Clive Allen (Crystal Palace) v Coventry, 1980
Kevin Keegan (Southampton) v Manchester United, 1981
Karl Heinz Rummenige (Germany) v Italy, 1984
Michel Platini (Juventus) v Argentinos Juniors, 1985
Peter Schmeichel (Manchester United) v Wimbledon, 1997
Thierry Henry (Arsenal) v Blackburn, 2003
Pedro Mendes (Tottenham) v Manchester United, 2005
Robbie Fowler (Liverpool) v Birmingham, 2006
Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) v Chelsea, 2009
Frank Lampard (England) v Germany, 2010
Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) v Spain, 2010
Edinson Cavani (Napoli) v Barcelona, 2011
Pablo Osvaldo (Roma) v Lecce, 2011
Gonzalo Ismael Bazán (Independiente Rivadavia) v Patronato, 2011
Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) v Azerbaijan, 2011
Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) v Liverpool, 2012
Olivier Giroud (Montpellier) v PSG, 2012
Bradley Mills for Middlesbrough Futsal side, 2012
Peter Odemwingie (West Brom) v Aston Villa, 2013
- Updated: February 11, 2013