- Leo Messi unhappy that Barcelona haven’t lobbied for him to win Ballon D’Or [MARCA]
- Liverpool planning January move for West Brom’s Saido Berahino [Mail]
- Barcelona boss Luis Enrique: ‘There is no ‘Messi Case’, Leo is happy here’ [Video]
- Darren Fletcher makes fun of Ashley Young’s diving in Manchester United Q&A for Chevrolet
- Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez poses in his underwear for modelling photo shoot [Video]
Tata Martino will leave Barcelona at end of season, Catalans want Jurgen Klopp [Sport & AS]
The rumours had been rife long before Barcelona were dumped out the Champions League by Atletico Madrid and lost a crucial La Liga match at Granada, all in the space of four days.
Both Sport and AS report today that Tata Martino will definitely leave Barcelona at the end of the season, even if the Catalans win the Copa del Rey final on Wednesday against Real Madrid and somehow claim the La Liga title.
Martino, is according to Sport, not comfortable at Barcelona and the board are not satisfied with how he has failed to re-energise an ageing team.
The Argentine has a two-year deal at Barcelona but reportedly has an escape clause that means he can leave this summer, which looks almost assured at this moment in time.
Sport suggest that Barcelona have two coaches in their thoughts: Jurgen Klopp and Diego Simeone, with the latter’s style of play and “win at all costs” mentality not necessarily suited to the Nou Camp.
AS suggest that Barcelona will likely end up with a German coach but it will either be Klopp or Jogi Low, who they will approach after the World Cup.
Klopp is seen as the best option due to his engaging and positive character and proven ability to bring young players through.
Both Sport and AS point out that much depends on the current Barcelona transfer ban and the board at the Nou Camp which is still reeling from the resignation of Sandro Rosell.
These are tough times at Barcelona – perhaps Jurgen Klopp is the natural answer – but he is contracted to Borussia Dortmund until 2017.
- Updated: April 14, 2014