Tata Martino will leave Barcelona at end of season, Catalans want Jurgen Klopp [Sport & AS]
- April 14, 2014
The rumours had been rife long before Barcelona were dumped out the Champions League by Atletico Madrid and lost a crucial La Liga match at Granada, all in the space of four days.
Both Sport and AS report today that Tata Martino will definitely leave Barcelona at the end of the season, even if the Catalans win the Copa del Rey final on Wednesday against Real Madrid and somehow claim the La Liga title.
Martino, is according to Sport, not comfortable at Barcelona and the board are not satisfied with how he has failed to re-energise an ageing team.
The Argentine has a two-year deal at Barcelona but reportedly has an escape clause that means he can leave this summer, which looks almost assured at this moment in time.
Sport suggest that Barcelona have two coaches in their thoughts: Jurgen Klopp and Diego Simeone, with the latter’s style of play and “win at all costs” mentality not necessarily suited to the Nou Camp.
AS suggest that Barcelona will likely end up with a German coach but it will either be Klopp or Jogi Low, who they will approach after the World Cup.
Klopp is seen as the best option due to his engaging and positive character and proven ability to bring young players through.
Both Sport and AS point out that much depends on the current Barcelona transfer ban and the board at the Nou Camp which is still reeling from the resignation of Sandro Rosell.
These are tough times at Barcelona – perhaps Jurgen Klopp is the natural answer – but he is contracted to Borussia Dortmund until 2017.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...