Syrian TV accuse Barcelona & Messi of arming anti-Assad rebels
- March 19, 2012
Of all the conspiracy theories floating round La Liga, this is the most fanciful.
If you thought Barcelona’s intricate tiki-taka passing was all part of the Catalans philosophy from when the youngsters come through the ranks at La Masia, think again because Syrian TV have a new theory.
Last December, Al Dunya TV showed a clip from Barcelona’s match at Real Madrid, with the ridiculous claim that Barcelona’s formation was a secret code for Syrian rebels to learn arms smuggling routes.
The video clip below (in Arabic) claims the players represent the smugglers whilst the ball’s position corresponds with the current location of the weapons.
Finally, the narrator adds that when the world’s best footballer Lionel Messi passes the ball it indicates that the weapons have reached rebels in Dir al-Zur.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...