- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
- Robinho scores silky solo effort after bamboozling defence with step-overs [Video]
Syrian TV accuse Barcelona & Messi of arming anti-Assad rebels
Of all the conspiracy theories floating round La Liga, this is the most fanciful.
If you thought Barcelona’s intricate tiki-taka passing was all part of the Catalans philosophy from when the youngsters come through the ranks at La Masia, think again because Syrian TV have a new theory.
Last December, Al Dunya TV showed a clip from Barcelona’s match at Real Madrid, with the ridiculous claim that Barcelona’s formation was a secret code for Syrian rebels to learn arms smuggling routes.
The video clip below (in Arabic) claims the players represent the smugglers whilst the ball’s position corresponds with the current location of the weapons.
Finally, the narrator adds that when the world’s best footballer Lionel Messi passes the ball it indicates that the weapons have reached rebels in Dir al-Zur.
- Updated: March 19, 2012