Should Barcelona have had a second half injury time penalty at Real Madrid?
- March 2, 2013
There is no such thing as an El Clasico without controversy and this Saturday afternoon’s edition featured a crazy incident in the dying seconds of the La Liga match.
Trailing 2-1 and deep into the 3rd minute of injury time, Adriano latched on to a back heel flick in the box from Alexis Sanchez.
Adriano took one touch inside and appeared to be fouled by Sergio Ramos, although many would argue the Barcelona defender took a dirty dive.
Referee Miguel Perez Lasa waved play on and the Barcelona players went predictably mental.
A draw at the Bernabeu could well have secured an upturn in fortune after a difficult couple of weeks and the Catalan press have already pointed the finger at Perez Lasa.
In the ensuing Barcelona rage-fest, Andres Iniesta and Gerard Pique were booked whilst Victor Valdes was sent off.
And, there were even erroneous claims on Twitter that Valdes had continued his dispute with Perez Lasa in the changing rooms and subsequently been taken to a Madrid prison.
So, was it a penalty? Leave us your thoughts in the comments after the video and picture evidence below.
The second video shows the foul/dive in slow motion.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi