- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Shocking Liverpool banner heading to Chelsea suggests Jimmy Savile is Fernando Torres’ dad
With constant new revelations about the life of Jimmy Savile – the former BBC presenter is becoming the go to put down for many football fans in the Premier League.
Just a week ago we featured Arsenal fans suggesting Robin van Persie was just a “Dutch Jimmy Savile” and today it looks like Liverpool supporters will be taking a similarly offensive theme into today’s match with Chelsea.
The picture below is already doing the rounds on the social networks with Liverpool fans having prepared a banner suggesting Jimmy Savile is the father of Fernando Torres.
Chelsea play host to Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon with Fernando Torres facing his old club again after that acrimonious 50 million pound move on January 31, 2011.
Said banner also has a second message from Liverpool fans to Chelsea: “We’ve got your cup for keeps” – in a reference to the Merseyside giants winning the European Cup (now Champions League) five times.
Predictably, many have wondered whether this “banter” is fitting for Remembrance Sunday.
- Updated: November 11, 2012