Sevilla’s Ivan Rakitic on the verge of joining Barcelona for €20m, penning a 5-year deal [Marca]
Barcelona’s rebuilding process is well under way as the Catalans are on the verge of signing Sevilla’s superb midfielder Ivan Rakitic.
Having been linked with a potential move for Atletico Madrid’s Koke, Barcelona have now changed t heir focus to swoop for Croatian international midfielder Rakitic just before the start of the World Cup.
With just the official confirmation of the deal left to do, reports in Marca on Friday claim that Rakitic, 26, will pen a 5-year deal at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona will spend approximately €20m to bring Rakitic from Andalusia .
The move will be a blow for Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, who were both reportedly chasing the 2013-14 Europa League winner Rakitic too.
Watch Live Stream
- Bartomeu: Luis Suarez set for Barcelona contract extensionDecember 7, 2016
- Barcelona legend Xavi has still got it – Scores free-kick in Qatar (Video)December 7, 2016
- Taxi for Jordi Alba: Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic speaks 5 languages (Video)December 7, 2016
- Barcelona’s Javier Mascherano hits back at ‘genius’ critics (Video)December 7, 2016
- Samir Nasri tells all about Man City boss Pep Guardiola, including his sex curfewNovember 15, 2016
- Awesome: Luis Suarez gave his shirt to a young fan after Sevilla v Barcelona (Video)November 8, 2016
- Awesome video of Leo Messi’s brilliant individual performance v SevillaNovember 8, 2016
- Brilliant Leo Messi guides Barcelona to 2-1 win at Sevilla (official video)November 7, 2016