Sevilla’s Ivan Rakitic on the verge of joining Barcelona for €20m, penning a 5-year deal [Marca]
Barcelona’s rebuilding process is well under way as the Catalans are on the verge of signing Sevilla’s superb midfielder Ivan Rakitic.
Having been linked with a potential move for Atletico Madrid’s Koke, Barcelona have now changed t heir focus to swoop for Croatian international midfielder Rakitic just before the start of the World Cup.
With just the official confirmation of the deal left to do, reports in Marca on Friday claim that Rakitic, 26, will pen a 5-year deal at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona will spend approximately €20m to bring Rakitic from Andalusia .
The move will be a blow for Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, who were both reportedly chasing the 2013-14 Europa League winner Rakitic too.
Watch Live Stream
- Michael Owen backs Barcelona’s Luis Suarez for Ballon d’Or [France Football]October 27, 2016
- Ronaldo makes confession about famous Compostela goal that will anger Barcelona fansOctober 27, 2016
- You pigs: Valencia paper Superdeporte slams FC Barcelona with a graphic front pageOctober 27, 2016
- Neymar upsets Luis Enrique on a trip to London [Sport]October 26, 2016
- Man City accused of failing to love Samir Nasri [El Confidential]October 27, 2016
- Mad Stat: Sevilla’s Samir Nasri is turning into Barcelona’s XaviOctober 19, 2016
- Unbelievable Stat: Sevilla made history last weekend in SpainOctober 18, 2016
- Samir Nasri arrives in Sevilla ahead of a loan move from Manchester City [Tweets]August 30, 2016