Sevilla’s Ivan Rakitic on the verge of joining Barcelona for €20m, penning a 5-year deal [Marca]
Barcelona’s rebuilding process is well under way as the Catalans are on the verge of signing Sevilla’s superb midfielder Ivan Rakitic.
Having been linked with a potential move for Atletico Madrid’s Koke, Barcelona have now changed t heir focus to swoop for Croatian international midfielder Rakitic just before the start of the World Cup.
With just the official confirmation of the deal left to do, reports in Marca on Friday claim that Rakitic, 26, will pen a 5-year deal at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona will spend approximately €20m to bring Rakitic from Andalusia .
The move will be a blow for Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, who were both reportedly chasing the 2013-14 Europa League winner Rakitic too.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016
- The story behind Neymar’s gift to a disabled Sporting Gijon fan [Mundo Deportivo]September 26, 2016
- Looks like Neymar is back together with ex girlfriend Bruna MarquezineSeptember 26, 2016
- Barcelona legend Andoni Zubizarreta loses a La Liga goalie record to Valencia’s Diego AlvesSeptember 25, 2016
- Samir Nasri arrives in Sevilla ahead of a loan move from Manchester City [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Man City’s Samir Nasri plans to reject Besiktas & move to Spain instead [L’Equipe]August 30, 2016
- 10 goal thriller: Sevilla beat Espanyol 6-4 (Official video)August 21, 2016
- Barcelona’s Jordi Alba filmed betting Pique €20 that Claudio Bravo would save penalty v Sevilla (Video)August 19, 2016