Sevilla’s Ivan Rakitic on the verge of joining Barcelona for €20m, penning a 5-year deal [Marca]
- June 6, 2014
Barcelona’s rebuilding process is well under way as the Catalans are on the verge of signing Sevilla’s superb midfielder Ivan Rakitic.
Having been linked with a potential move for Atletico Madrid’s Koke, Barcelona have now changed t heir focus to swoop for Croatian international midfielder Rakitic just before the start of the World Cup.
With just the official confirmation of the deal left to do, reports in Marca on Friday claim that Rakitic, 26, will pen a 5-year deal at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona will spend approximately €20m to bring Rakitic from Andalusia .
The move will be a blow for Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, who were both reportedly chasing the 2013-14 Europa League winner Rakitic too.
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- See how Lionel Messi’s family were allegedly attacked by Chile fans at the Copa A...
- Man United refuse to sell David De Gea to Real Madrid, unless they sign Sergio Ramos in...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Leo Messi rejected the Copa America Golden Ball award; Trophy withdrawn [Video]
- Three Barcelona players made the Copa America Team of the Tournament [Graphic]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi