RIP Richard Swanson: American dribbling from US to Brazil for One World Football Project hit by car
- May 15, 2013
This is a truly tragic story.
42 year-old Richard Swanson, an American man who recently embarked on a charity walk for the One World Futbol Project, has been tragically hit by a car on the Oregon highway on day 14 of his trip, and killed.
His plan was to dribble the indestructible football, the One World Football, throughout the trip from Seattle to Brazil (10,000 miles), to raise awareness for the One World Project, who donate the ball to children in developing countries.
His project was tragically cut short, however, and football can only salute him for his noble cause.
Watch the video of Mr Swanson explain his project on the clip below, before he set out on the trip.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...