RIP Richard Swanson: American dribbling from US to Brazil for One World Football Project hit by car
- May 15, 2013
This is a truly tragic story.
42 year-old Richard Swanson, an American man who recently embarked on a charity walk for the One World Futbol Project, has been tragically hit by a car on the Oregon highway on day 14 of his trip, and killed.
His plan was to dribble the indestructible football, the One World Football, throughout the trip from Seattle to Brazil (10,000 miles), to raise awareness for the One World Project, who donate the ball to children in developing countries.
His project was tragically cut short, however, and football can only salute him for his noble cause.
Watch the video of Mr Swanson explain his project on the clip below, before he set out on the trip.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi