Ridiculously harsh! Man United’s Nemanja Vidic shown red for ‘yellow card challenge’ at Chelsea [GIF]
- January 19, 2014
Manchester United slipped further away from the top after a 3-1 defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
To compound their misery, Nemanja Vidic was shown a controversial straight red in injury time for a foul on Eden Hazard.
It was not a pretty challenge and certainly warranted a booking but the red card shown by Phil Dowd clearly surprised the Serbian.
Vidic will now be suspended for Man United’s crucial Capital One Cup Semi-final on Wednesday.
Lying 7th in the table, Man United are now 12 points behind 3rd placed Chelsea.
- Didier Drogba speaks to Rio Ferdinand about two very different Champions League finals ...
- Leaked: Chelsea’s brand new home kit for the 15/16 season [Pictures]
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba reveals his toughest ever opponents to Rio Ferdinand [Video]
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- Nathan becomes the latest Chelsea player to join Vitesse on loan [De Telegraaf]
- Drake scores a penalty past Chelsea legend Didier Drogba [Instagram video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi