- Gary Lineker Trolls Alan Shearer on winning the FA Cup pre Arsenal-Reading [video]
- All the best jokes on Diego Costa’s get-up for Chelsea v Man United [Tweets & Pictures]
- David De Gea lucky to get away with handball outside box v Chelsea [pictures & Tweets]
- Pitch invader in a bright pink dress & blonde wig scored a goal during Blackpool v Fulham [Video]
- 1-0 to the Arsenal: Mesut Ozil provides quality assist for Alexis Sanchez [Best Tweets]
Rhodri Giggs pressured a Frickley defender to score crazy 40-yard own goal v FC United of Manchester
- November 17, 2013
Comedy moment as Frickley player scores an own goal from the half way line!! Giggs claims the assist as he put him under pressure. 1-0 FC!
— FC United Manchester (@FCUnitedMcr) November 16, 2013
One of the best/worst own goals of the season was spotted in the Evostik Northern Premier League, Premier Division, on Saturday as FC United of Manchester beat Frickley Athletic 3-0.
FC United of Manchester, the club who were formed by disenfranchised supporters of Manchester United, claimed a comprehensive win at Gigg Lane at the weekend after a bizarre own goal broke the deadlock.
Early in the second half, with the match still goalless, FC United repelled a Frickley corner as the ball was lumped upfield towards Ryan Giggs’ brother, Rhodri. Rhodri, however, was always second favourite to reach the hoofed clearance as Frickley defender Steven Gardener had the better starting position on the sibling of the Man United legend.
Then came the madness.
Under no real pressure, Frickley’s Gardener opted to lump the ball towards his own keeper, only for the full-back to soar his pass over his own keeper for a crazy 40-yard own goal.
Watch the amazing own goal below.