- ‘We were good’: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho not getting carried away with West Ham win [Video]
- Louis van Gaal post-Man United 3 – Newcastle 1: ‘We dominated for the 90 minutes’ [Video]
- Golazo! Liverpool loanee Jordon Ibe scores solo stunner for Derby v Birmingham [Vine]
- QPR v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
- Valencia’s Sofiane Feghouli has fastest top speed (35.53 km/h) in La Liga! [Video]
Port Vale sack Daniel Jones for brutally beating club captain Doug Loft in training ground bust-up [Picture]
Training ground bust-ups happen every day at every football club the world over, but did it come to this at Port Vale last Thurday?
Port Vale captain Doug Loft got into a training ground altercation that day, and ended up hospitalised with GBH: a broken nose, jaw, and cheekbone by a sickeningly violent teammate.
The BBC have confirmed the aggressor as Daniel Jones, and that the League One have sacked him effective immmediately; while he’ll also be possibly charged with GBH after Loft decided to press charges.
The Sun’s picture above shows the extent of Loft’s injuries, with a disfigured face, as they title it (though not permanently).
Let’s hope Jones is banned from ever setting foot on a football pitch for a very long time; if not forever.
- Updated: April 15, 2014