Pictures: A Liverpool banner stolen by Zenit fans turns up in a Russian boxing club
- February 21, 2013
Ahead of Thursday night’s Europa League match at Anfield, a handful of Zenit fans have poked Liverpool in the eye by uploading a picture of a stolen Reds’ banner in a boxing club.
Last week’s last-32 first-leg tie in St Petersburg was marred by several reports of Zenit thugs attacking Liverpool fans.
The Russian assailants were reported as carrying baseball bats for weapons, and during the skirmishes a couple of Liverpool banners were stolen as booty.
One banner, with ‘R.I.P Joe’ written on it, was prominently hung upside down in the Stadion Petrovskij during Zenit’s 2-0 home win.
Now a second banner has been posted online in a straightforward attempt to tease the Scousers.
Pictures of the stolen banners can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...