Pep Guardiola refuses to shake hands with opposition coach after Bayern defeat to MLS
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola added serious controversy to the annual MLS game on Wednesday.
Guardiola was unhappy with the tackles put in on his Bayern side and refused to shake hands with opposition coach Caleb Porter at the full time whistle.
The former Barcelona coach had been remonstrating on the touchline throughout the friendly and wondered why the opposition went in so hard.
Specifically, Guardiola was left bitter by challenges from Will Johnson and Osvaldo Alonso.
Nevertheless, not shaking hands has caused plenty of controversy in the USA after one of the biggest soccer fixtures of the calendar.
After Bayern’s 2-1 defeat to the MLS, Guardiola claimed he did not shake the hands of the MLS coaches as “I did not see them”.
An excuse which hasn’t gone down too well in America…
Considering Bayern went to the USA in order to boost their profile, this might not have been the best idea from Pep who has got into a fair few scrapes on the touchline before.
All good with Pep Guardiola and Caleb Porter. With them for nice handshake outside the locker room after the game. #MLSAllStar
— Sunil Gulati (@sunilgulati) August 7, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich to announce three massive deals in the next month [Sport1]October 26, 2016
- Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti explains why he doesn’t care that Xabi Alonso is slow (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jerome Boateng couldn’t eat for two days after Bayern’s Champions League final loss to ChelseaOctober 19, 2016
- Skills: Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery humiliated by a fan (Video)October 13, 2016
- Rap Battle: Pep Guardiola vs Jose Mourinho (video)October 25, 2016
- Guardiola locks Man City players in dressing room for 45 minutes after draw against SouthamptonOctober 23, 2016
- Pep Guardiola refuses to blame John Stones after 1-1 draw with Southampton (Video)October 23, 2016
- Pep Guardiola brings up his amazing trophy haul after style of play is questioned (Video)October 22, 2016