Pep Guardiola refuses to shake hands with opposition coach after Bayern defeat to MLS
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola added serious controversy to the annual MLS game on Wednesday.
Guardiola was unhappy with the tackles put in on his Bayern side and refused to shake hands with opposition coach Caleb Porter at the full time whistle.
The former Barcelona coach had been remonstrating on the touchline throughout the friendly and wondered why the opposition went in so hard.
Specifically, Guardiola was left bitter by challenges from Will Johnson and Osvaldo Alonso.
Nevertheless, not shaking hands has caused plenty of controversy in the USA after one of the biggest soccer fixtures of the calendar.
After Bayern’s 2-1 defeat to the MLS, Guardiola claimed he did not shake the hands of the MLS coaches as “I did not see them”.
An excuse which hasn’t gone down too well in America…
Considering Bayern went to the USA in order to boost their profile, this might not have been the best idea from Pep who has got into a fair few scrapes on the touchline before.
All good with Pep Guardiola and Caleb Porter. With them for nice handshake outside the locker room after the game. #MLSAllStar
— Sunil Gulati (@sunilgulati) August 7, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho trolls Bayern after saying Schweinsteiger first-team return is ‘not impossible’ (Video)August 26, 2016
- Bayern Munich stars Arturo Vidal & Xabi Alonso Vs 40 kids (Video)August 24, 2016
- Adidas upload full Bayern Never Follows advert and it’s awesomely trippy (Video)August 24, 2016
- Bayern Munich v Werder Bremen: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-26August 20, 2016
- Pep Guardiola says Joe Hart is not even guaranteed to be Man City’s Number 2 Keeper [Papers]August 26, 2016
- Joe Hart starts as captain for Man City but poster of him outside Etihad has vanishedAugust 24, 2016
- Man City’s brand new Pep Guardiola song (Video)August 21, 2016
- Sergio Aguero fires Man City to another win on Pep Guardiola’s first trip to Stoke [Tweets]August 20, 2016