- Louis van Gaal says that both Jose Mourinho and him live to win titles [Video]
- Gent attacker Nicklas Pedersen hit a sensational volley versus Standard Liege [GIF]
- Incredible last ditch defending by Djurgårdens IF defender in Swedish top flight [GIF]
- Memorable moments from FA Cup semi-finals through the years [Video]
- Jose Mourinho says he’ll forget friendship with Louis van Gaal for 90 minutes [Video]
Pep Guardiola refuses to shake hands with opposition coach after Bayern defeat to MLS
- August 7, 2014
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola added serious controversy to the annual MLS game on Wednesday.
Guardiola was unhappy with the tackles put in on his Bayern side and refused to shake hands with opposition coach Caleb Porter at the full time whistle.
The former Barcelona coach had been remonstrating on the touchline throughout the friendly and wondered why the opposition went in so hard.
Specifically, Guardiola was left bitter by challenges from Will Johnson and Osvaldo Alonso.
Nevertheless, not shaking hands has caused plenty of controversy in the USA after one of the biggest soccer fixtures of the calendar.
After Bayern’s 2-1 defeat to the MLS, Guardiola claimed he did not shake the hands of the MLS coaches as “I did not see them”.
An excuse which hasn’t gone down too well in America…
Considering Bayern went to the USA in order to boost their profile, this might not have been the best idea from Pep who has got into a fair few scrapes on the touchline before.
All good with Pep Guardiola and Caleb Porter. With them for nice handshake outside the locker room after the game. #MLSAllStar
— Sunil Gulati (@sunilgulati) August 7, 2014