- Double panna! Leverkusen’s Karim Bellarabi nutmegged 2 players with 1 pass [Official Video]
- Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard & Martin Skrtel won 0% of their tackles in 3-1 loss to Crystal Palace
- Arsenal are 11/2 to beat Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League!!!!
- Stephanie Roche tries to recreate THAT Puskas nominated goal on French TV [Video]
- Bayern Munich are 4/1 to beat Manchester City in the Champions League!!!!
People say Algerian goalie Rais M’Bolhi fasted for Ramadan v Germany after placing snacks near his goalpost
One topic that has galvanised plenty of chatter during the World Cup is whether Muslim players in Brazil are fasting during the holy month of Ramadan.
That question was particularly poignant before Algeria took on, and ultimately lost, to Germany in the last 16 of the competition.
Whilst it was reported that Algeria had received special dispensation to eat and drink in the day before the Germany game from the country’s Ministry of Religious Affairs, it now seems apparent that goalie Rais M’Bolhi decided to fast anyway.
For the record M’Bolhi, the 28-year-old stopper who plays for CSKA Sofia, had a spellbindingly good performance against the Germans, and he was undoubtedly one of the better keepers in Brazil this summer.
Eye-witness footage from the Germany game have now revealed how M’Bolhi placed a bag of snacks, thought to be fruit, next to his goalpost during the Germany game.
At halftime of match, after sunset thus permitted to consumption of food, M’Bolhi was seen having something to eat as he trotted off the pitch.
Of course, whether or not M’Bolhi fasted is a matter of personal choice.
See the footage appearing to show that Algerian goalie Rais M’Bolhi fasted for Ramadan versus Germany below.
- Updated: July 3, 2014