Patrice Evra considering quitting Man United to join Real Madrid [Duncan Castles]
Patrice Evra may quit Manchester United to join Real Madrid according to Sunday Times journalist Duncan Castles.
Writing for One World Sports, Castles penned:
Patrice Evra is considering a move to Real Madrid as David Moyes pursues the purchase of Leighton Baines for his Manchester United defense… It’s understood that he’s open to departing Old Trafford after collecting 10 major trophies in his seven full seasons with United.
Madrid are long-term admirers of Evra and were close to signing him in the summer of 2011 before he agreed a three-year extension at Old Trafford, which made him United’s best-paid defender.
Madrid are again looking for reinforcements at left back because Coentrao wants to leave the Santiago Bernabeu. Coentrao did not enjoy his season at Madrid and has a difficult relationship with the Spanish media, who criticized Jose Mourinho’s original decision to sign the Portugal international. Madrid are prepared to sell Coentrao at a €5million discount to his €30m purchase price.
Castles’ articles raises plenty of eyebrows, jam-packed full of ifs, buts and maybes.
Everton have rebuffed one approach from the Red Devils for Baines this summer, and consensus opinion is that the defender is staying put at Goodison Park this summer unless some mega-bid is lodged.
Moreover, is Coentrao really leaving Real Madrid this summer? Whilst it’s true that the Portuguese international failed to shine last campaign, one has to suspect that the left-back would want to fight to redeem himself during 2013-14 rather than cut out of Los Blancos after just one season.
Finally, adding 2 + 2 to get 5, if this Evra to Real rumour did prove to be true, could the Madrid powerhouse end up having the Frenchman and Luis Suarez both on their books next season?
Now that would be something to see!
Watch Live Stream
- Trolled: Man United’s Wayne Rooney calls out Liverpool old boy Michael Owen on TwitterOctober 22, 2016
- Jesse Lingard posts video from Man United’s train to Chelsea gameOctober 22, 2016
- Seems like Jose Mourinho has dropped two Man United stars for the Chelsea game [M.E.N]October 22, 2016
- Manchester United’s Ashley Young makes fun of Eric Bailly’s dodgy footwear (Video)October 22, 2016
- Real Madrid discussed Paul Pogba deal with Mino Raiola in the summer [Marca]October 22, 2016
- Barcelona legend Eric Abidal says that Cristiano Ronaldo is a burden for Portugal [Grup 14]October 21, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo offends Buddhists on social mediaOctober 20, 2016
- Shocking footage emerges of clashes between Legia Ultras and Madrid police (Videos)October 19, 2016