Official Liverpool Twitter account endorses Munich disaster mockery; Deletes tweet soon after
- August 29, 2013
Late on Thursday night Liverpool managed a mammoth size PR disaster, posting a disgusting tweet on their official Twitter account.
55 years ago the world was in a state of shock as Manchester United’s ‘Busby babes’ were involved in a fatal air accident.
Some (idiot) fans of Liverpool have been known to sing awful songs about the event to ‘take the piss’ out of Manchester United.
Almost everyone involved in the Premier League has attempted to rid football of these terrible chants.
However, @LFC endorsed a tweet clearly mocking those who perished in the Munich air disaster.
Liverpool fan Josh Mitchy’s choice of songs –
“Come fly with me“ relating to the plane that crashed. “Always look on the bright side of life” which is unfortunately code for “Always look on the runway for ice”. And “I like to move it, move it“, code for “I like to Munich, Munich”.
Incredibly Liverpool responded to Josh Mitchy, tweeting “Have you been sneaking a look at the dressing room Ipod?”
The tweet was deleted soon after but it was far, far too late.
Surely Liverpool must fire the individual responsible for this tweet. How they can put this person in charge of the social media of one of the biggest football clubs in the world is baffling?
Will an apology come from the club or will they simply pretend it never happened?
- Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic presented at Fenerbahce after completing loan move
- Dejan Lovren deletes his Instagram account after abuse from Liverpool fans (Tweets)
- Slaven Bilic tries to explain West Ham’s incredible away form this season
- Chelsea & Liverpool lose, Kamara gets the giggles: Best of Soccer Saturday (video)
- Liverpool were sh*te, w*nk & Dejan Lovren was f*cking abysmal v West Ham (Redmen T...
- West Ham fan gets a tattoo to celebrate beating Liverpool 3-0 (Picture & Tweets)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...