Napoli offer €10m for Sandro, Tottenham won’t sell The Beast for less than €20m [Sky Italia]
Trusted Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Napoli have offered Tottenham 10 million euros for defensive midfielder Sandro.
Napoli boss Rafa Benitez is keen to strengthen his midfield and has been linked with both Sandro and Javier Mascherano in recent weeks.
Di Marzio claims that Napoli have put in an offer of 10 million euros but Spurs would only sell for a fee closer to 20 million.
He goes on to say that we can expect further bids from Napoli for the midfielder known as “The Beast.”
It is not yet clear whether new Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is keen for Sandro to stay at White Hart Lane.
Sandro was one of Spurs’ key players before a serious knee injury struck at QPR during the 2012/2013 season.
The Brazilian struggled for playing time during the last campaign and famously fell out with Tim Sherwood towards the end of his short time in charge at White Hart Lane.
Spurs fans would likely hope for Sandro to stay but Napoli can offer Champions League football and there are plenty of midfielders in Mauricio Pochettino’s squad.
- Sandro (QPR U21s) sent off for grabbing Bristol City youngster by the neck [Video]
- Harry Redknapp backs Tim Sherwood to get the best out of Sandro at QPR [Audio]
- Gaizka Mendieta, Didi Hamann and QPR midfielder Sandro speak about Brazil legend Ronaldo
- Erik Lamela posts Instagram picture with former Spurs midfielder Sandro
- Spurs brilliantly organise the ‘Ben Davies’ cup ft Dele Alli and other stars (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Sol Campbell attracts haters for calling out a shop worker on Twitter [Tweets]
- Spurs starlet Dele Alli Tweets an amusing Kyle Walker Vine video