Napoli offer €10m for Sandro, Tottenham won’t sell The Beast for less than €20m [Sky Italia]
- June 3, 2014
Trusted Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Napoli have offered Tottenham 10 million euros for defensive midfielder Sandro.
Napoli boss Rafa Benitez is keen to strengthen his midfield and has been linked with both Sandro and Javier Mascherano in recent weeks.
Di Marzio claims that Napoli have put in an offer of 10 million euros but Spurs would only sell for a fee closer to 20 million.
He goes on to say that we can expect further bids from Napoli for the midfielder known as “The Beast.”
It is not yet clear whether new Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is keen for Sandro to stay at White Hart Lane.
Sandro was one of Spurs’ key players before a serious knee injury struck at QPR during the 2012/2013 season.
The Brazilian struggled for playing time during the last campaign and famously fell out with Tim Sherwood towards the end of his short time in charge at White Hart Lane.
Spurs fans would likely hope for Sandro to stay but Napoli can offer Champions League football and there are plenty of midfielders in Mauricio Pochettino’s squad.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]