Napoli offer €10m for Sandro, Tottenham won’t sell The Beast for less than €20m [Sky Italia]
- June 3, 2014
Trusted Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Napoli have offered Tottenham 10 million euros for defensive midfielder Sandro.
Napoli boss Rafa Benitez is keen to strengthen his midfield and has been linked with both Sandro and Javier Mascherano in recent weeks.
Di Marzio claims that Napoli have put in an offer of 10 million euros but Spurs would only sell for a fee closer to 20 million.
He goes on to say that we can expect further bids from Napoli for the midfielder known as “The Beast.”
It is not yet clear whether new Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is keen for Sandro to stay at White Hart Lane.
Sandro was one of Spurs’ key players before a serious knee injury struck at QPR during the 2012/2013 season.
The Brazilian struggled for playing time during the last campaign and famously fell out with Tim Sherwood towards the end of his short time in charge at White Hart Lane.
Spurs fans would likely hope for Sandro to stay but Napoli can offer Champions League football and there are plenty of midfielders in Mauricio Pochettino’s squad.
- Vlad Chiricheș starts training with Napoli following move from Spurs
- Napoli attacker Lorenzo Insigne scores lob in 5-1 friendly win over Cittadella (Video)
- Diego Maradona climbs on a table to belt out ‘No Woman No Cry’ (Video)
- Napoli’s Gonzalo Higuain filmed in an altercation in Ibiza after he partied at Pa...
- Tancredi Palmeri claims Arsenal “have made” a €45m offer for Napoli’s...
- Everton have made contact with Napoli winger Dries Mertens [Het Laatste Nieuws]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...