Nacer Chadli tells the Belgian press he does not want to leave Spurs in January
— Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland) January 16, 2014
In recent days, rumours have been rife that three of Tottenham’s signings over the past year would be departing White Hart Lane.
Lewis Holtby, Etienne Capoue and Nacer Chadli have all been linked with exits to Schalke, Napoli and back to Holland respectively.
Of the three, Holtby still seems the most likely with Napoli denying they are heading to London to make a move for Capoue and Chadli now telling the Belgian press he will stay ay Spurs.
Chadli’s agent Daniel Evrard was widely quoted as saying: “His situation is not easy at Tottenham at the moment. The World Cup is arriving so it’s a problem. For him to play at the World Cup it’s important so why not a loan? We haven’t spoken to Tottenham yet but I know there are clubs interested in him. There are a lot of players in the same situation who are not in the team and they want to play in the World Cup so there is a market for a lot of clubs. It’s important for him not to take any risks by going to a country he doesn’t know well.”
Evrard continued: “Nacer had to play in a role which doesn’t suit him. They wanted him to play on the left wing and he is not exactly a winger – he prefers to play through the middle. It’s very difficult for him because we’ve not seen the best of him at Tottenham. He has big potential so he is a little bit frustrated.”
But, reliable Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur has Tweeted early on Thursday morning that Chadli’s agent Evrard appears to have had a rethink – as can be seen from the Tweet above.
Perhaps this could be as Tim Sherwood said after the Crystal Palace win that he sees Erik Lamela and Chadli covering the void left by Jermain Defoe, when he leaves for Toronto.
Watch Live Stream
- 2 goals & 2 assists: Nacer Chadli on his West Brom performance v West Ham (video)September 17, 2016
- Dele Alli nutmegs Jan Vertonghen, Spurs star posts video on InstagramMay 14, 2016
- Spurs duo Vertonghen and Chadli dress up as waiters to surprise young Belgium fans (Video)April 13, 2016
- Spurs forward Nacer Chadli scores a beauty past Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois in training (Video)March 26, 2016
- Spurs players celebrate CSKA win on InstagramSeptember 28, 2016
- Hilarious: Georges-Kevin N’Koudou praises his own performance [Tweet]September 27, 2016
- Heung-Min Son scores again as Spurs beat CSKA Moscow (Video)September 27, 2016
- Spurs (Son) and Leicester (Islam Slimani) record big wins in the Champions LeagueSeptember 27, 2016