Nacer Chadli tells the Belgian press he does not want to leave Spurs in January
- January 16, 2014
— Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland) January 16, 2014
In recent days, rumours have been rife that three of Tottenham’s signings over the past year would be departing White Hart Lane.
Lewis Holtby, Etienne Capoue and Nacer Chadli have all been linked with exits to Schalke, Napoli and back to Holland respectively.
Of the three, Holtby still seems the most likely with Napoli denying they are heading to London to make a move for Capoue and Chadli now telling the Belgian press he will stay ay Spurs.
Chadli’s agent Daniel Evrard was widely quoted as saying: “His situation is not easy at Tottenham at the moment. The World Cup is arriving so it’s a problem. For him to play at the World Cup it’s important so why not a loan? We haven’t spoken to Tottenham yet but I know there are clubs interested in him. There are a lot of players in the same situation who are not in the team and they want to play in the World Cup so there is a market for a lot of clubs. It’s important for him not to take any risks by going to a country he doesn’t know well.”
Evrard continued: “Nacer had to play in a role which doesn’t suit him. They wanted him to play on the left wing and he is not exactly a winger – he prefers to play through the middle. It’s very difficult for him because we’ve not seen the best of him at Tottenham. He has big potential so he is a little bit frustrated.”
But, reliable Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur has Tweeted early on Thursday morning that Chadli’s agent Evrard appears to have had a rethink – as can be seen from the Tweet above.
Perhaps this could be as Tim Sherwood said after the Crystal Palace win that he sees Erik Lamela and Chadli covering the void left by Jermain Defoe, when he leaves for Toronto.
- Tottenham’s Nacer Chadli & Roma’s Radja Nainggolan party in Ibiza [Pic...
- Tottenham’s Belgian players try to act in silly promo for France friendly [Video]
- Andros Townsend and Nacer Chadli answer questions in a Google+ hangout [Video]
- Nacer Chadli breaks Tottenham’s selfie stick ban after the win v Hull [Pictures]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
- Spurs’ Nacer Chadli meets a teenager who suffered a stroke after his dad’s ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi