Marouane Fellaini tells Flemish newspaper Het Nieuwsblad he wants to leave Everton
- September 9, 2012
After such a promising start to the 2012/2013 season, Everton boss David Moyes will now be expected to calm his players down with Marouane Fellaini appearing to rock the boat this Sunday morning with an interview to Flemish newspaper Het Nieuwsblad.
The Belgian international, who played in the 2-0 win over Wales on Friday has told Het Nieuwsblad that he wants to leave Everton either in January or next summer.
Fellaini: “I am just starting my fifth season at Everton, this will be one of my last. I have seen everything. In January or at the end of the season I will turn to another club or championship.”
This will come as a blow to Everton fans who have grown to love Fellaini with their comedy wigs and nicknamed him the “Perminator.”
The 24 year-old is contracted to the Toffees until 2016 but speculation will now be rife of a major move for Fellaini, much to the frustration of David Moyes.
There was talk in the summer that Fellaini was itching for a move, hence his fine performances in Everton wins against Manchester United and Aston Villa. After the transfer window shut, the former Standard Liege midfielder struggled at West Brom.
Marouane Fellaini’s individual highlights v Manchester United from August can be seen on the video below.
Is there a team in the Premier League Marouane Fellaini would struggle to get into?
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”227422″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...