- Enfield’s Edgar Davids! Spurs fans have prepared a new Ryan Mason flag!
- Man United may move for Wesley Sneijder after he was dropped by Galatasaray [Star]
- All the Lionel Messi Champions League records broken by hat-trick v APOEL
- Welling’s Harry Beautyman was subjected to a horrific set of fouls from Halifax players [Video]
- The world’s papers hail Lionel Messi after he becomes the all-time Champions League top scorer
Mario Balotelli cried on the AC Milan bench after he was taken off against Napoli [Video]
Mario Balotelli was reduced to tears on Saturday night after the Azzurri striker was taken off with 15 minutes to go at Napoli.
After Adel Taarabt had fired Milan ahead after just eight minutes of his debut, the Rossoneri proceeded to concede goals to Gökhan Inler and Gonzalo Higuain before Super Mario was eventually given the hook.
Upset at what a poor performance in Milan’s ailing season in Serie A, Balotelli welled up with emotion as he sat on the subs bench.
The former Manchester City forward cried behind a coat, before he eventually removed the clothing to reveal his blood-shot watery eyes.
UPDATE: It has since been reported that Balotelli was subject to racial abuse by Napoli fans, which lead to his emotional outburst.
Watch footage of Mario Balotelli crying on the AC Milan bench below.
- Updated: February 8, 2014