Marca: Chelsea offer Celta Vigo €10m for Iago Aspas
- January 12, 2013
Marca splash with some transfer gossip which will no doubt filter into English papers in the coming days: Chelsea have bid 10 million euros for Celta Vigo attacker Iago Aspas.
By all accounts, this could be a transfer that is close to fruition with Celta Vigo set to lose their key player to Chelsea who are rebuilding under Spanish interim boss Rafa Benitez.
Aspas, a 25-year-old forward, who has scored 8 goals this season in 18 appearances, has a 10 million euro release clause in his contract which Chelsea are set to pay.
According to Marca, the salary offered to Aspas would be irresistible and the player is keen for a move to Stamford Bridge.
His brother and agent has met with Celta Vigo to push through a move but the Spanish side are keen to hold on to Iago Aspas until the end of the season.
Earlier this week, Swansea were believed to be keen on Aspas but it would be a major surprise, despite their Capital One Cup semi-final first leg win in midweek, if the Welsh side can stop the striker heading to Chelsea.
Having spent his whole career at Celta Vigo, 2011/2012 was Iago Aspas’ breakout campaign as he notched 23 goals in Spain’s second division.
Footage of Chelsea target Iago Aspas in action is here:
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...