Manchester United playmaker Shinji Kagawa grabs 2 assists for Japan
- February 6, 2013
After a bit part role for Manchester United this season, predominantly due to a lengthy injury lay-off, Shinji Kagawa played the full 90 minutes for Japan in a friendly today.
Kagawa was in fine form as he dictated play from his traditional inside left wing position and the Manchester United playmaker provided two assists within a minute of each other against Latvia.
First Kagawa set up Keisuke Honda, coming in from the left wing and supplying the CSKA midfielder with a slide rule pass that he curled into the far corner on the hour mark.
A minute later, the Manchester United star chipped a brilliant ball, first time, through for Shinji Okazaki to claim his second and wrap up a 3-0 Japan win.
Kagawa was an unused substitute for Manchester United at Fulham last Saturday but will be hopeful of inclusion in Sir Alex Ferguson’s first team for the clash with Everton and then Real Madrid next week.
Being named man of the match for Japan in the 3-0 win over Latvia should give Fergie a little nudge…
Footage of both Shinji Kagawa assists are on the videos below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...