- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Manchester United contact agent of Samuel Eto’o regarding possible move [Sky Sport Italia]
Three days remain until the Premier League season gets underway and David Moyes is yet to make a mark on his new Manchester United squad.
Linked heavily to central midfielders without signing anyone, Sky Sport Italia today reported that Manchester United had contacted Samuel Eto’o’s agent.
The Anzhi striker is for sale, along with most of his teammates.
Formerly known as one of the most lethal strikers in the world, Eto’o has received interest from a number of European clubs including Chelsea, Napoli and Roma.
32 year old Eto’o should also be available relatively cheap with £5m being the expected figure of his sale.
As one of the highest paid players in world football, the Cameroonian striker will have to take a large pay cut if he is to link up with the likes of Robin Van Persie at Manchester United.
- Updated: August 14, 2013